bpm - tap tempo?

monoben

bpm - tap tempo?

Post by monoben »

Hello, is there a way to use a midi controller to tap the tempo into sunvox? I've got a AKAI LPD8 here, do you reckon I might be able to use it for that?
SolarLune

Re: bpm - tap tempo?

Post by SolarLune »

Nope, there's no way to tap tempo in Sunvox, to my understanding. If you need to tap the tempo, you can just use a tempo tapping website to do it, though.
nopcorp

Post by nopcorp »

SolarLune wrote:Nope, there's no way to tap tempo in Sunvox, to my understanding. If you need to tap the tempo, you can just use a tempo tapping website to do it, though.
Yea, but you can't sync Sunvox with a temp tapping website.
SolarLune

Post by SolarLune »

No, you can't...? What does that have to do with anything?

One can use a website to tap the tempo you want, and then put it into Sunvox.
nopcorp

Post by nopcorp »

Oops. :unknown: I hope I didn't come off rude. I just don't believe that is what he/she is asking for.
gigi

Post by gigi »

you dont need external tool for tap tempo bpm
just follow the following steps :

1. create an input module and a sampler module ;
2. link input to samper ;
3. in sampler module activate the option mono rec ;
4. start recording and clap the beats of your tempo, say 9 times ;
5. go to the waveform, normalize it (if needed), zoom in enough and delete the silence from the begining until the first clap ;
6. also delete the sound from the beginig of the last clap until the end of the recording ;
7. still in the waveform view, go to in the 'menu-properties-resample with new length' and note the length proposed ;
8. make sure how many claps you still hear in your recording (normally, there will be one less than you recorded) and calculate 60*44100*audibleClaps/length ;

you can use this calculation also for finding sample accurate values of the bpm of a song you want to remix in sunvox

once you became expert in this operation, you will do it very fast
SolarLune

Post by SolarLune »

nopcorp wrote:Oops. :unknown: I hope I didn't come off rude. I just don't believe that is what he/she is asking for.
Nah, it's cool. I just thought that they wanted to get the tempo that they had "in their head", planned for their project, in BPM easily.

EDIT: Hope I didn't come off as rude, either, haha. "What does that have to do with anything?" could sound pretty rude.