Bad Static/Crackling

Software simulator of the unique Russian synthesizer
hwangman

Bad Static/Crackling

Post by hwangman »

Hopefully i'm just doing something wrong but i've been using the PC version of the program for a couple days and every photo i import causes really bad static/crackling during playback. I've cropped the photos so that the highest octave in use is C6. I've also adjusted the sample rate but no matter what, anything above C1 or C2 seems to be crackling very bad.
samrai katt kovboy

Re: Bad Static/Crackling

Post by samrai katt kovboy »

It is the resolution of the photo...
It is probably to high the resolution.
Try lowering it.
If you on a PC you could just use Paint that comes with windows and change the image size.
There could also be that you are using images with too much clear colours. Which you can adjust sometimes with the contrast function.
But almost certainly it is the resolution that is too high. I had the same problem on PC with 4 GB RAM...
But also be aware that too low resolution can give less definition to the sound...

Anyway I will be writing about using images with ANS tomorrow at musicalandroid.com

Easy times
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MANY CIRCLES
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: Bad Static/Crackling

Post by NightRadio »

I see two reasons that can cause this problem.
1) The height of your images is too big. For example, i can play images of 4000 pixels height on my computer, but not on the netbook. So just try to reduce your project height.
2) DirectSound - it is default sound system for Virtual ANS. But i recommend you change it to ASIO. (Settings->System->Audio)