importing wav function

ZipSnipe

importing wav function

Post by ZipSnipe »

The current method of loading wav's seems to be buggy at least for me on my windows 7 machine. So a better wav loading method or improved loading would be nice
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: importing wav function

Post by NightRadio »

What do you mean?
Please describe in detail (step by step) what you expect and what is wrong?
(with screenshots if possible)
ZipSnipe

Post by ZipSnipe »

Example: I open a sample module, I click load,it brings up a screen with my computer and drive letters, I select drive E where my wav,s are stored, but nothing happens. If I double click on the three dots that is located to the left side of the drive letters, I somehow the proper file path shows up but not in a sensible way or in a normal fashion that most apps use when using file paths use.

As soon as my camera charges up I will post a youtube link to better explain what I mean
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

I select drive E where my wav,s are stored, but nothing happens
Absolutely nothing? Path has not changed, highlighted disk remains the same (not E)?

1) What is the exact path to your WAV file? (for example: E:/sounds/new/mysound.wav)
2) What path do you see in SunVox after you press the E button?
3) What path do you see in SunVox after you press the ".." button?
Show the screenshots if possible.
As soon as my camera charges up I will post a youtube link to better explain what I mean
That would be cool. Thanks
ZipSnipe

Post by ZipSnipe »

Here is a link to You Tube video, https://youtu.be/Zksp8gA9fuA

please note I am using win7 on 64bit pc, the main goal is to use this on Rasberry Pi3, but I need to get this file path worked out, most likely I am doing something wrong. In this video I have a wav on my desktop I want to use but I just can't seem to access it.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Thank you for the video!

1)
When you right-click on the Sampler -> Load -> you get a window to load a new module.
This is not the way to load the sample to selected Sampler.
So finally you will get two Samplers: the first one you created earlier, and the second one you loaded later.
If you want to load some sample, just use one of the following ways:
  • create the Sampler and press LOAD under the Sampler controllers (left part of the screen);
  • don't create anything at all; just double click on some empty area of the module view -> then press LOAD -> select any file -> the selected file will be loaded as a new module.
2)
You're trying to find the desktop on disk E.
But your desktop is not on disk E :)
I think it is on disk C. Most likely, the path is: C:/Users/yourname/Desktop
The "Desktop" folder you found is just some folder on disk E. Look, there are some MP4-video files in this folder. But there are no such files on your true desktop.
Here you have confused yourself, because you put a link to the disk E on the desktop, which is on the disk C
ZipSnipe

Post by ZipSnipe »

Funny thing is Ableton created that desktop file not folder, I don't know why. But thanks that cleared it up some.

Oh by the way this is the easy question, harder questions coming up :-)