Option for modules to never respond to MIDI input

TheMonopluralist

Option for modules to never respond to MIDI input

Post by TheMonopluralist »

Currently I am selecting an unused MIDI channel for most modules so that they don't respond to (e.g) note input when selected.
For example, my glide module is set to respond to channel 1, and polyphony set to off. I need to set my generator module to a spare channel (channel 16 or something) so that when I select/highlight it it doesn't respond to the note input from my midi keyboard directly in addition to the same note input routed through the glide module. This isn't a massive problem, but means that it is only really possible to use 15 of the MIDI channels, and I would hope it would be straightforward enough to add a dropdown option of "none" to the module MIDI channel list, or "never" to the module MIDI In options, along with "always" and "when selected".
queries

Re: Option for modules to never respond to MIDI input

Post by queries »

I ran into something similar.

An addition to this would be to allow a setup where newly created modules would default to not listen to MIDI.
TheMonopluralist

Re: Option for modules to never respond to MIDI input

Post by TheMonopluralist »

I agree that defaulting to this suggested behaviour, or at least having the option to use it as a default would be a good idea.