Feature requests for 1.9.4

Keres

Re: Feature requests for 1.9.4

Post by Keres »

It would be cool to have the Multisynth have the "ignore notes with vero velocity" enabled by default... or maybee in the general settings ;ppppppp
Keres

Post by Keres »

also, in the multictrl, it would be cool to have a binary button option instead of a slider. sliders are cool if you have MIDI and you can configure them with a button but for midi challenged folks, there is no easy way to do on-off. maybee a seperate controller that was just a button that has configuration settings for the max/min value and the button type, but i like the style of the channel switch button for effects that have mono/stereo. would be cool if the options of the multicontrl had "sliders/buttons" and all connections would be changed to either sliding between max and min or switching between them.
queries

Post by queries »

Keres perhaps you can do that now by changing the quantization levels to 2. That effectively makes the output signal become on/off.
Keres

Post by Keres »

yeah, but if you are MIDI challenged (what i like to call "mousing it") then you still have to slide the slider all the way up... I guess i see what you are saying. I know that all of these code changes take some real time and hard work so what i want you guys to know is that I am ok with being shot down. Perhaps if it is easy to change the graphics and behavior of the slider bar in the MultiCtrl relative to the Quantization setting?
Keres

Post by Keres »

I want to also emphasize the point that those sliders for things like the inverse in the amplifier and the channel switch in the delay are really cool and it would be awesome if you could make one custom to say like... 2 values in some random crud.
Keres

Post by Keres »

:P :P :P LOL guess you could just do it with an amplifier with some DC offset into a snd2CTRL into a multictrl LOL

NEVERMIND :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Keres

Post by Keres »

:D :D yeah, using the graph you can make the slider change between the 2 right in the middle instead of at the end... thanks! sorry for the excessive posts LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rondobotic

Post by Rondobotic »

Has an ADSR envelope for both the amp and filter ever been requested for the analog module?
queries

Post by queries »

Rondobotic - I don't want to detract from the possibility of adding built-in ADSR functionality to Analog Generator, since that would allow ADSR to be applied polyphonically...

But I do want to let you know that if you are OK with monophonic, you can apply ADSR to any sound by using a module that's buried within some of the included SunVox synths. Look in the "instruments/bass" folder, then load "SawZer HyperBass Pro". Edit the metamodule. There's another module within, a metamodule called "ENV OP-A". This is a generic ADSR envelope module. It uses some fun math tricks to combine ADS and ASR into a useful ADSR signal.

I'll attach two modules, one is of my small changes to that ADSR module so it's easier to see how it works, and the other is a quick take on a monophonic analog generator with ADSR envelopes for amp and filter.
Attachments
Analog Generator with ADSR.sunsynth
(24.26 KiB) Downloaded 250 times
ADSR mod.sunsynth
(9.81 KiB) Downloaded 263 times
Rondobotic

Post by Rondobotic »

Queries - Thanks for the heads up, I will look at these and see how they work.

I have been using an fm module and sound to control module to create ADSR envelopes, however I was always faced with problems like the envelope amount wouldn't go the full range of the amp or filter and I was having difficulty creating snappy ADSR shapes.

BUT, I am an absolute novice when it comes to creating these things, so I am very keen to see how it has been achieved.

I feel an inbuilt ADSR envelope would be more efficient.

Thanks for the help!
rainydayshirts

Post by rainydayshirts »

Sampler Module

On/Off Generator like in the LFO Module, so I can us some random sample as a Generator without having to have any pattern playing.

Generator

As above, On/Off Generator like in the LFO Module.
Jesse R. Schilling | rainydayshirts

| Bandcamp | Deviantart | Patreon |