Note repeater.

zwerver

Note repeater.

Post by zwerver »

Since the echo module has a very strict maximum buffer-length limit due to limited space on small devices, it would be nice if there was a module that would repeat played notes at set intervals (up to 16 bars or something?). Not repeat the sound, like the echo does, but retrigger the note through the instrument so to save space and open loooong echoes. Could even boast optional quantization and fading selectable controller properties each repeat. That way you could make entire songs without ever looking at the step editor, just playing live loops! Especially handy with the new module-switching shortcuts.

Also a module that silences/resets connected modules with a single button would be handy then, so you can rapidly change loops too, and add cool breaks!

<Edit, forgot multisynth lol <3 >
Koekepan

Re: Note repeater.

Post by Koekepan »

Sounds as if you want a delay module. Turns out, there already is one. You can do what you ask with the feedback loop modules. If you want more complex delay rhythms, you can use chained delay modules.

And fading and so on you can achieve by looping your delay module through feedback with various filters, amplifiers and so on.

If you can work out your parameters nicely, it should sit well in a metamodule.
zwerver

Post by zwerver »

brilliant! thanks for the headsup!
zwerver

Post by zwerver »

Ok, tried it and there's still the limit of the buffersize. Sunvox won't remember more sound then about 3 seconds, not for delay, not for echo. I want way longer loops then that! Like 12 or 16 bars.
spktkpkt

Post by spktkpkt »

A more bad than good workaround, but you could record your note(s)/sequence with a sampler module and activate the loop function. I know, far away from perfect, but maybe it works for the moment.
zwerver

Post by zwerver »

Thanks for the suggestion, spktkpkt, but I'm already using sunvox in combination with sooperlooper hooked through jack now, which is pretty clumsy as you can imagine. But it works I guess. I'm more interested in using sunvox as a modular synth rather then tracker.