LFO additions

SawZer

LFO additions

Post by SawZer »

I'd like to see the LFO become a much better tool for modulating anything, so here are my thoughts:

Updated as of Sunvox 1.9.3 BETA1

Now possible with 1.9.3
1: Retrigger on note. This would require a multisynth connection. Basically the LFO would restart at the specified Set Phase every time a key is pressed.

2:More Shapes/Drawable shapes/Import shapes. Self explanatory.

Mostly implemented with 1.9.3, with the new "Generator" toggle
3:Function as a Soundctl. Have an option to use the LFO in the same way Sound2ctl's are, except the LFO itself provides the signal source.

4:Perhaps an ADSR?. Maybe an ADSR envelope can be added. This way the LFO module can became a ADSR/LFO. With LFO depth at 0, only the ADSR would occur, meaning the module could do both modes.
Last edited by SawZer on Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
transient

Re: LFO additions

Post by transient »

SawZer wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:04 am I'd like to see the LFO become a much better tool for modulating anything, so here are my thoughts:

1: Retrigger on note. This would require a multisynth connection. Basically the LFO would restart at the specified Set Phase every time a key is pressed.

2:More Shapes/Drawable shapes/Import shapes. Self explanatory.

3:Function as a Soundctl. Have an option to use the LFO in the same way Sound2ctl's are, except the LFO itself provides the signal source.

4:Perhaps an ADSR?. Maybe an ADSR envelope can be added. This way the LFO module can became a ADSR/LFO. With LFO depth at 0, only the ADSR would occur, meaning the module could do both modes.
Whoops I see this was already requested here so +1 to this
Koekepan

Post by Koekepan »

I disagree.

With an Amplifier, LFO and Sound2Ctl you can do all this. (And the ADSR is not hard to arrange either with a few generators.)

Yes, it takes more, and performing a reset is a little more of a pain, but I would rather have NightRadio concentrate on entirely absent features.

In a feature development list, this one should go near the bottom of the priority list.
Keres

Post by Keres »

would be killer if you could just click on a slider and open up the dialogue and have the LFO module as an option. thing is that inputting an lfo into a sound2control is modular as heck and very useful. the sound2 controll interpolation (smoothing) function is crazy as hell. what i would like to really see is the "draw your own" function from the analog module... or maybe make a ref to a sample source so you could have custom chip samples become really long envelopes.

realistically... i think that if everyone in this thread gave Mr. Zolotov 5$ on the donate button he might read our monkey dribble. i mean... at least buy the dude a 6 pack before asking him to work for weeks on end for some pointless shit that has prolly been coded in asm 1000004 times ;ppp
Keres

Post by Keres »

Hey, what would be really cool is if the Sound2Ctl had a Units slider just like the LFO and other effects. I guess you would need a set phase as well? This would basically set it up as an averaging tool or even like a lowpass or something. for now, i have been using a delay after the sound then into the sound2Ctl. I really like the modularity of having a separate sound2ctl module that can be controlled by other controllers though, if you just set a slider to an LFO, then you would't have options of sending controllers to the min/max and smooth sliders.
queries

Post by queries »

SawZer wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:04 am 2:More Shapes/Drawable shapes/Import shapes. Self explanatory.
For drawable shapes, using the 0-1.0 range of a sampler, then setting it to loop mode, makes a decent "drawable LFO" for the time being. It lacks the LFO specific controllers of course. You could, however, set up a per-tick update of the sampler-as-LFO's phase using a real LFO (ascending saw waveform), sent to Sound2ctl (higher sample rate, no smoothing), sent to MultiSynth phase controller, finally sent to the sampler-as-LFO.

For more shapes, you might like the exponential LFOs I recently posted. You can get some really nice curves with it: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4566
El Nino

Post by El Nino »

+1 for LFO to any controller, as well as 'Envelopes for any controllers (Envelope Generator)'.