Showing On The Piano Roll Which Keys Are Hit

SolarLune

Showing On The Piano Roll Which Keys Are Hit

Post by SolarLune »

Hey, there.

I think it'd be really useful to be able to see on the piano roll which keys an instrument (or even multiple instruments) is hitting.
xaccrocheur

Re: Showing On The Piano Roll Which Keys Are Hit

Post by xaccrocheur »

+1 for that one. One possible implementation would be to click on the line to highlight the corresponding note on the keyboard, much like it's done now for the corresponding module in the matrix.
Yassin Philip - Check out My music =@
SolarLune

Post by SolarLune »

That sounds OK, but I think I'd like to see the roll change while the song is playing. The keys hit could also be tinted by the color of the module playing them, allowing you to more visually see the pattern and chords played.
Keres

Post by Keres »

definitely a needed feature!
Oliv

Post by Oliv »

This. That would be mostly cosmetic, but I remember watching the keyboard lighting up bringing me enormous joy in my Milky Tracker days... :oops:

It's also already implemented in the sampler, anyway... :D
bstix

Post by bstix »

I logged in just to post this request, only to find it already here.

I think it would be a great help to be able to click a generator and watch which keys are triggered from the pattern as it plays. Perhaps also the option to click f.i. the Master and watch the midi input from all devices on the pianoroll. It would definitely make it easier to compose.

It could also be by selecting the patterns in the sequencer, whatever makes the most sense.

A lot of SunVox tracks seem to focus on very basic compositions, and I think that this is partly because it's difficult to get an overview of the notes, so as a composer, you really need to stay within what you can memorize.
Also it's difficult to locate an odd note out, when copying and transposing etc. F.i. I copy a pattern in a minor key and transpose it a third down, but forget to check the pattern for any use of thirds which should major instead of minor etc... Stuff like that would pop out immediatly if the notes were visualized on the pianoroll.