scrollbars or track jump buttons for small screens

El Nino

scrollbars or track jump buttons for small screens

Post by El Nino »

When working on large projects on very small screens it can be a little difficult scrolling sideways through 16 columns or vertically (if its a particularly long pattern)... vertical and horizontal scroll bars could make jumping from column 0 to column 15 doable in one swiping motion. If not scrollbars then perhaps track jump forward / backward buttons.

Also for small devices with tiny screens, the option to control sunvox with a combination of a gamepad and the touchscreen could be interesting (d-pad would speed things up a little)...

It could be similar to the control scheme for littlegameparktracker or lsdj...

http://wiki.littlegptracker.com/doku.ph ... rols_moves

http://www.littlesounddj.com/lsd/latest ... _4_9_1.pdf (overview of keypresses)
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: scrollbars or track jump buttons for small screens

Post by NightRadio »

Temporary solution: go to the SunVox Preferences -> Interface -> Control Type = Pen or mouse.
Saltbearer

Re: scrollbars or track jump buttons for small screens

Post by Saltbearer »

NightRadio wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:34 pm Temporary solution: go to the SunVox Preferences -> Interface -> Control Type = Pen or mouse.
heck I needed to care enough about being inconvenienced by the handling of patterns with many tracks on mobile to discover this a decade ago

would still like a context-sensitive scrollbar to appear when there are tracks offscreen in touch mode, just like the controller pane (actually, maybe something akin to the volume slider, to more easily fit into the current customizable toolbar?) but in the meantime, I'm gonna see if I can roll with this, and finally leave the grid at a scale where I can reliably highlight from one line to another

[update: it interfered with sample editing or something so I immediately switched to touch mode for that and haven't gone out of my way to switch back, oh well]