locate module number....

El Nino

locate module number....

Post by El Nino »

just another random idea:

it could be useful to have a search box for modules in the module window menu options.

for example: I have maximum number of modules (FE), I can see the instrument number in the pattern block but it will take a while of scrolling around the module window to find the module...would be cool to have a "find module" search box, i could type in "2F" or highlight the note event and choose "find module" and be directed straight to the module i need (2F)...

Maybe I just need to be neater/ more organised/ use more metamodules sometimes...
iaon

Re: locate module number....

Post by iaon »

Maybe the simplest way to realize this is to make the module number above the controllers scrollable and typeable, ideally with a keyboard shortcut for both as well.
squidmissile

Re: locate module number....

Post by squidmissile »

+1 for this.

However, the "CPU Usage / Module List" in the module pane's drop down tool menu displays all modules in numeric order regardless of their module chain placement. Synths stand out by being a different color from effects and miscellaneous modules (effects and misc. modules all being the same color (the meta module's color obiviously being dependent upon it's use)). It is pretty neat for finding modules via module number but i imagine that at the max module limit it would still be pretty tiring to scroll through.