Support for Mackie/HUI controls

DREAM EATER

Support for Mackie/HUI controls

Post by DREAM EATER »

as of now (beta 1.9) if you try to use transport or directional controls of HUI/Mackie protocol, they show up as MIDI notes. This is semi-ok because you can map these ultra-high-octave keys to Sunvox shortcuts (what you would obviously want to use them for, if all you have is a MIDI keyboard to link to the shortcuts, having no QWERTY keyboard plugged in (I'm using an iPhone to run Sunvox)) but what isn't ok at all is that there's no way to disable these same keys that are assigned to shortcuts, to stop triggering piano keys, so when I press the up directional button which I've assigned to "move up", it moves up but also inputs the midi note the button corresponds to, and then moves back down. If there was a way in the MIDI preferences to separate these controls from MIDI messages, or to choose which octaves you want to be input-able into the tracker grid, I could hit a transport control without inputting unwanted midi messages into the grid and/or play unwanted notes live. Multisynth allows you to filter which keys reach a specific MODULE, but don't filter what notes are inputted into the tracker grid. These completely destroys any functionality of directional and transport buttons that aren't sent via CC channels. Please add some sort of support for this and excuse my lengthily-written request, as I'm new to this forum and made an account with the sole purpose of making this request.
Btw Alex, you're a BEAST dude. Your software (Sunvox) is miles ahead of anything else on iOS. Keep up the amazing work, I wouldn't be making music on my iPhone if there wasn't a program with such great functionality on it! :D
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: Support for Mackie/HUI controls

Post by NightRadio »

Thank you! And sorry for this problem... I will try to fix it somehow in the next updates
DREAM EATER

Post by DREAM EATER »

Re-reading my original post I think where I said "but what isn't ok at all" and "This completely destroys any functionality of..." I sounded a bit rude, so my apologies. I was trying to accurately get my problem across and I think I worded it badly X) I really love the program you've made and only meant to show that there is no workaround for these hardware controls :D
Thanks for the quick reply! When I picked up my phone to check the forum I didn't expect to see any replies and turns out I got a reply straight from the man himself haha you're doing a great job adding an insane amount of features to this program. One of my favorites that threw me for a loop when I found it was the "XXYY drawing" in the pattern window. XD that's such a crazy cool way to do graphical automation.
Anyways, sorry for another long message haha hope to see this feature in an update soon! ^_^
DREAM EATER

Post by DREAM EATER »

Decided randomly to test this again tonight and saw that you've fixed the problem! Now when I map shortcuts to midi notes it disables them automatically! :D this has sped up my input rate by a lot! Thank you so much for fulfilling my request!!