Overdub and clone to new pat

jamesway

Overdub and clone to new pat

Post by jamesway »

Hi everyone, I just started using sunvox on ipad this weekend and I am hooked. I'm new so maybe I missed something but a couple things I would love to see added are...
Overdub/replace notes in play pattern mode so I could tap out rhythms in realtime.
Clone or copy to new pattern to speed up my variations on existing patterns. Keep up the great work!
Koekepan

Re: Overdub and clone to new pat

Post by Koekepan »

I'm not quite sure what your overdubbing scenario is, but you absolutely can play while the song plays, and record while the song plays. The recorded material is put in a new pattern.

Cloning and copying patterns is already in the track editor pane. If you go into the track pane (look at the module pane, then touch the icon for the track pane to switch) then you will find the copy and clone options in the menu there.
jamesway

Post by jamesway »

Thx for the reply Koekepan. On Ipad I'm tapping the onscreen keyboard, but was hoping for the ability to play a pattern from the timeline in pattern/loop mode and tap notes so that they are added to that selected pattern in realtime. An "edit step", follow/realtime mode. I realize it's a pretty anti-tracker concept but the ipad is no fun carrying a keyboard around. The clone to new pat would copy everything from that pattern to a new pattern so you could modify it without affecting the original pattern. Cheers
squidmissile

Post by squidmissile »

That's exactly what copy pattern (to buffer) does and is for. Make sure the selected pattern is highlighted (green overlay) in the timeline before you hit copy not just selected (boxed outline at the corners). Nothing will happen otherwise and the buffer will paste whatever was last copied (I still make this mistake a few times a day, lol).

Clone pattern creates a duplicate that reflects everything of its original (modifications included).

The overdub idea is great. It would complete pattern sequencer, imo.

+1 for overdub
jamesway

Post by jamesway »

Thx now I get it, I was looking at the pics and hadn't even noticed the icon changing box either...sweeeet, drawing little icons for patterns, me likes. 3 2 1 and... smile face pattern.
I suppose in my case maybe if the copied pattern auto generated a pic like the add new pattern does, I might not have gotten confused. Cheers for the help.
El Nino

Post by El Nino »

+1 for record live into selected pattern with overdub :)
xaccrocheur

Post by xaccrocheur »

+1 for record live into selected pattern with overdub :)
Yassin Philip - Check out My music =@
nopcorp

Post by nopcorp »

+1+1 for record live into selected pattern with overdub