Automation workflow

z5h

Automation workflow

Post by z5h »

Is there a way to record all current module controller values into a track, so that if you are working in a section with many automations, playing back the recorded parameter track would have the effect of resetting all automated parameters to their preferred value?
Could this be a feature?

If not, what is the preferred way of jumping out of working on a section with automations and resetting the automated values?

Thank you.
monoben

Re: Automation workflow

Post by monoben »

em.. automation has been a tricky thing for me, I found that when you have some parameter defined at just one point in the timeline, its fine until you flick the track back form say bar 16 to like bar 5 but the automation for that part of the song is on bar 4 so you end up playing bar 5 with bar 16's automation parameters.

Is this what your talking about? The only way I've found to win at automation is to define it for the whole track. Often now ill have a whole row of patterns in the timeline for just one modules automation.

If you don't want to brute force hand code the automation you could always hit the record button and move whatever modules parameter you want :)

Sorry if I've missed the point of your post.
monoben

Post by monoben »

Oh sorry this was the old post. I meant to post to the new one here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3174

:oops:
z5h

Post by z5h »

Yes monoben, that's what I was talking about.
Any ideas about a minimal feature to make things simpler?