Android laundry list (UI quirks)

tomxp411

Android laundry list (UI quirks)

Post by tomxp411 »

Hi, I have a couple of suggestions regarding the Android UI:

1. Scrolling in the music strip at the top of the window... the cursor moves left/right with my finger, but up/down opposite my finger. I'd like scrolling up/down to be consistent with other Android apps. (When I slide my finger up, the sheet should move up, showing me the contents lower on the page.

2. Scrubbing in the timeline. Right now, it's very difficult to pick a spot on the timeline, since you can't slide left/right to move the cursor with any precision.

3. Timeline grid size: allow the user to select larger grid sizes (quarter note, 1 measure, 2 measures, etc.)

4. Create patterns in a more useful location... my preference would be to place them in the same place as when you use the Clone feature.
tripflag

Re: Android laundry list (UI quirks)

Post by tripflag »

1. If this is changed, I hope it will be an option in the settings. I can see how the scrolling direction would confuse some people, but I definitely don't want it to change (coming from older trackers and touchpads)

2. Agreed, timeline panning could be done using two fingers or something

3. Yup

4. Maybe place patterns in the same location that the user double-tapped to create it, snapping to the closest measure?