Compressor : 3 requests

gigi

Compressor : 3 requests

Post by gigi »

1. MIX 0~100% slider as in Filter module - will allow parallel (NewYork) compression directly, very easy and ergonomicly.

2. LINK 0~100% (or ON/OFF) - will allow use as dual mono instead of stereo liked channels. Very useful in bus compression when instruments on that bus are pan-ed to the extreme left and right. Michael Brauer - the guru of newYork compression - use it that way too.

The requests 1 & 2 allow to avoid the creation of additional modules in order to get the same results, this way keeping the modules map simpler and clearer. Less ressources eating too.

3. an older request that I'm sure, Alex, you have not forgotten. I copied it below :

"I'm happy for the new compression formula and I appreciate your continuous effort to make things better, but the new compressor visualisation are now less ergonomic (for me) and let me explain why :

a.
Before, the central line of the gain reduction meter (when no compression occurs) shown the 0dB FS level of the signal and I used it as level meter too, for this reason.
Now, the position of that line depends on the amplification and I have no more visual help for level monitoring.

b.
Before, the central line had enough space below to display the gain reduction with enough visual precision.
Now, if the amplification is set lower, the space below is reduced and the visual precision of observed gain reduction level are lost. In order to have a good read of the gain reduction level, now, I have to set temporarly the amplification to half, then observe the gain reduction level and then re-set the amplification back, lower. So the ergonomy of compressor control are lost.

So, in my oppinion, there is no need to show the aplification level in the visualisation space too. That will be a useless redundancy and these 2 ergonomic features (above described) are affected."

Thanks a lot,
gigi