transport buttons to trigger on press, rather than release

El Nino

transport buttons to trigger on press, rather than release

Post by El Nino »

Hey I dont mean to be annoying here, just loads of small ideas popping into my head as i use sunvox.

In the transport bar, change the actions of the play from start, and play pattern buttons so that they play on the first touch, rather than when the button is released. so you can trigger a pattern like you would a drum.
Last edited by El Nino on Wed May 29, 2013 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CountSymphonic1

Re: transport buttons to trigger on press, rather than relea

Post by CountSymphonic1 »

Basically what you're saying is you'd like it so that when you press play, it plays the song the moment your finger comes into contact with the touch screen, or pattern play, stop etc. It would be preferable, to add the option to make it this way. Some users use Sunvox on very small screens, making hitting the correct buttons a little more tricky. Triggering the transport buttons on touch release ensures that you're pressing the right button, it gives you chance to hover over the right button, and make sure you're pressing the one you want. It would be very frustrating to try to hit stop, and hit pattern play instead. Adding the option to change this, in the preferences menu would be better if it were to be added at all. Alexander has many different people with different preferences to think about when he's writing Sunvox. You have to understand that a feature change like this, could infuriate a lot of users, and score him some negative ratings on Google Play which is bad for sales. It's really a delicate balancing act. Keep up the fresh ideas though, you never know when you might stumble on something that would make Sunvox golden.
samrai katt kovboy

Re: transport buttons to trigger on press, rather than relea

Post by samrai katt kovboy »

To make it golden?
To me it is already a diamond in the rough... Ti hi
Just teasing...
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MANY CIRCLES