I love that sun Vox comes pre-installed on pocketchip but How can I install similar software?

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
jughead2727

I love that sun Vox comes pre-installed on pocketchip but How can I install similar software?

Post by jughead2727 »

Hi my project is to turn pocketchip into a handheld digital workstation. I want to be able to Make instrumentals and mix down tracks on the go. I have apps that I can use on my Android such as flstudio mobile. But is it possible to install these types of apps on pocketchip? If not how can I make it work I know that it’s possible because sunvox is already installed on pocketchip . thanks in advance
cube48

Re: I love that sun Vox comes pre-installed on pocketchip but How can I install similar software?

Post by cube48 »

It's not possible to install Android apps on Pocket Chip. Concerning the limited performance of PocketChip, SunVox is IMHO the best thing you can run on it. Theoretically you could compile and install other linux apps but that requires quite an effort with uncertain results.
PocketChip doesn't have any microphone so you would need either USB audio interface or USB mic for recording accoustic instrumental music.
Using MIDI keyboard with SunVox on PocketChip has rather high latency for efficient playing.
ArmandoC

Re: I love that sun Vox comes pre-installed on pocketchip but How can I install similar software?

Post by ArmandoC »

cube48 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:33 pm Using MIDI keyboard with SunVox on PocketChip has rather high latency for efficient playing.
I'm presuming there's nothing that can be done to modify this? I love my PocketChip, figured inputing manually is the better route plus it's not so bad.