sunvox on gemini PDA android

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
fpickle

sunvox on gemini PDA android

Post by fpickle »

Anyone have this working without stuttering and 100 percent cpu? I've tried changing the buffer and sample rate and looked at androids battery saver settings. I've got dual boot into Debian and the arm64 version doesnt have these issues
fpickle

Re: sunvox on gemini PDA android

Post by fpickle »

Ok I think disabling battery optimization for the app might have helped
hseiken

Re: sunvox on gemini PDA android

Post by hseiken »

I noticed the performance differs between real ARM devices and the 'arm wanna be' devices as well. I have a non-ARM device and it performs badly for almost everything and won't even allow installs for a lot of programs as my device isn't supported. That said, Sunvox doesn't have accurate CPU usage in the list of items running for it and will stutter when it reports less than 100%. My guess is, just shooting in the dark here, that video acceleration makes a difference probably; if the video is not being handled separately, that gets offloaded to the cpu as well...if you get into the developers section of the settings, you can see what is being put into the video processor and what is not. This might give some clues as well, but you seem to have solved it, so hopefully things go well.

No matter how much we advance the devices, it will still suck battery based on intensity of the app, sadly. So far the power consumption problem has not been properly addressed by much of the processor developers and their measurements are generally the weakest tests or the few things that it specializes in doing at low power (i.e. mp3 playback, video playback) rather than actual diverse set of tasks people tend to use on their device.

I know this post I just made won't help your problem, but maybe will help in understanding some of the issues with portable devices and help you navigate purchasing your next one, whenever that may be. I personally learned that android runs on chipsets that are really really terrible and virtually unsupported! So I wasted 100$ on a tablet that barely runs anything...so, it could be worse for you! :p
WARNINGThis angry old nerd may rant about modern computers or computer culture! It is not directed at you 99% of the time! Ignore it if it seems silly or personal!