Ability to turn off backup

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
GENNA

Ability to turn off backup

Post by GENNA »

Greetings,

I apologize if this has been asked before, but I wasn't able to find it in a cursory forum search, but is there the ability to turn off the backup saving feature? For projects where I have large samples being used, it takes a long time to close the application.

Thanks!
queries

Re: Ability to turn off backup

Post by queries »

I don't know of any way built-in to SunVox, but a workaround would be to use your operating system's force-quit feature, if doing so is faster than waiting for SunVox to finish saving the session.
GENNA

Post by GENNA »

Thanks for the quick reply, queries. That is definitely something I will try.

Just to give a little background, I'm considering using Sunvox in a sound installation and there are times where it will need to be closed in order to free up the CPU and let another application run.

Thanks again.
iaon

Post by iaon »

Isn't this solved by turning off Main menu -> Preferences -> Main -> Automatic session restore?
queries

Post by queries »

iaon, it appears it always tries to back up the session.

Turning on "automatic session restore" just bypasses the dialog that asks if you want to restore the previous session, and acts as if you responded "yes".
GENNA

Post by GENNA »

Update:
Using a ProcessClose command (basically, a force-quit) in my control script successfully closes SunVox without the backup taking place.

Thanks again for the suggestion, queries! :good: