SUNVOX on Riotboard working!!!... except (SOLVED)

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
stevie232323

SUNVOX on Riotboard working!!!... except (SOLVED)

Post by stevie232323 »

Hi guys!!! OK I got Sunvox working using the Maemo version and installing a missing library manually. it was missing libsso so I downloaded it and sent it to the libs directory. Now when I try opening Sunvox IT OPENS!!!! I'm beginning to see the Sun(VOX)... :D :ROFL: :Yahoo!:

Only a couple of things now though... Soundwise I can hear sounds thru the Riotboards headphine socket.
However, I cant see a mouse pointer although there is one there its just invisible.. how do I get to see it?
Also, the application isn't making use of the full screen. How do I change the screen size?
Any help appreciated.
Thanks !!!! :D
Last edited by stevie232323 on Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: SUNVOX on Riotboard working!!!... except

Post by NightRadio »

This means that the ABI of your system is ARMEL. So you can use the linux_arm_armel or the linux_arm_armel_maemo version.
Do you still use the Ubuntu?
If so, just use the linux_arm_armel instead.
This version is identical to Maemo-version, but it does not have some Maemo-specific presets (screen size, hidden mouse pointer, etc.).
stevie232323

Post by stevie232323 »

Hi Night Radio. :%) Yes I'm using the MAEMO version as this is the only one I could get working. I did an LDD on it and saw it needed the libosso.1 library so I downloaded that and installed it manually. I then got the Maemo version working, have managed to change the screen size and it all works except for the mouse pointer. I've looked at the config.ini file but can't see how to make the mouse pointer visible. MAEMO is the only version I can get working.
Can you help??
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

I've looked at the config.ini file but can't see how to make the mouse pointer visible.
You can't do it in the MAEMO version.

MAEMO is the only version I can get working.
As i said before, linux_arm_armel is identical to linux_arm_armel_maemo. So you can install it by using this instruction.
You also can try to replace the MAEMO SunVox (/usr/local/lib/sunvox) by the sunvox from linux_arm_armel
stevie232323

Post by stevie232323 »

As i said before, linux_arm_armel is identical to linux_arm_armel_maemo. So you can install it by using this instruction.
You also can try to replace the MAEMO SunVox (/usr/local/lib/sunvox) by the sunvox from linux_arm_armel
Aah. OK, I'll give these things a go in a short while.
Thanks Nightradio. x
I'm not usually this thick. :crazy:
Linux is a whole noo ballgame to me.
I'm gonna look into some tutorials into building kernels etc... but not b4 I've got Sunvox working on the bloody Riotboard.
Riotboard is such a nice board. Loads of peripherals but a lot of the links on the Element 14 page which go to downloads of distros etc are deprecated or lead to a dead end.. Its a defunct board. :(
But I'll get it working.
stevie232323

Post by stevie232323 »

OK I re downloaded Sunvox from Warmplace.
I put it in my Linaro directory.
In terminal I went to the Armel directory.
I tried ./sunvox and got the message : bash: ./sunvox: cannot execute binary file.
I tried ldd ./sunvox and got the message: not a dynamic executable.

Same thing occured when I swapped the armel sunvox out with the maemo version in usr/local/libs directory of debian version...

boo hoo.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Sorry, but it was my mistake... :oops:
The linux_arm_armel version was just broken...
Please download it again: http://warmplace.ru/soft/sunvox/sunvox-1.9.3b.zip
stevie232323

Post by stevie232323 »

Thankyou you gorgeous man!!

Full screen. Changed Pencontrol setting to 1.
Works beautifully!!!

я люблю тебя

:Rose: