SunVox noob questions

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
agargara

SunVox noob questions

Post by agargara »

I've started using SunVox on an iPad during my long train commutes and I love it! SunVox rocks!! However there are a few things that have been bothering me, but I'm a noob so I'm probably missing an obvious solution:

1. Is there any way to preview the current row, or at least start playback from the current row?
When writing chords I want to preview how they sound, and it's a real pain to play the whole pattern just to hear a single chord, especially for long patterns. The only workaround I've found so far is to use really short patterns but that is also inconvenient.

2. Is there a way to turn off follow pattern when looping a single pattern?
I prefer to work on a pattern while it's looping so I can hear the changes as I work. I know pressing "Play" does not pattern follow but I want to loop the current pattern as well.

3. Is there a way to disable the automatic record lock?
It seems that every time you defocus the pattern editor by selecting a device, etc., the pattern editor automatically locks...it's quite annoying to have to keep unlocking it again to insert notes after simply switching instruments, etc. Is there a way to stop it from automatically locking?

Thanks!
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: SunVox noob questions

Post by NightRadio »

1. Is there any way to preview the current row, or at least start playback from the current row?
Not yet, sorry. You only can move the time cursor in the Timeline window and play the project from this position.
But the other features (what you ask for) will be implemented in the next updates.

Is there a way to turn off follow pattern when looping a single pattern?
The "follow mode" will be disabled when you unlock the pattern (edit mode ON) during playback.

3. Is there a way to disable the automatic record lock?
It seems that every time you defocus the pattern editor by selecting a device, etc., the pattern editor automatically locks
It is locked only after pressing one of the PLAY buttons.
agargara

Re: SunVox noob questions

Post by agargara »

Cool, thanks for answering my questions and developing this awesome software...can't wait for the next update!