SunVox 1.9.3

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
Severak

Re: SunVox 1.9.3

Post by Severak »

NightRadio wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:14 am

I got the best results (on my RPi 2 + latest Raspbian) with the "softrender" option and disabled OpenGL driver.
Added "softrender" option and now SunVox1.9.3 works fine. As fast as previous version.
squidmissile

Post by squidmissile »

NightRadio wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:14 am

Code: Select all

if FPS is too low:
1) add the "softrender" option to the SunVox config (~/.config/SunVox/sunvox_config.ini)
  OR
2) enable desktop OpenGL driver in the raspi-config.
As far as I could understand, SDL2 is now optimized for OpenGL (even in 2D mode). So if you have no true OpenGL desktop driver enabled - SDL2-based apps may be slow.[/code]
Nightradio, do you think this will work for people wanting to use the latest version of SunVox on the PocketCHIP (or just the CHIP) as well? If so this might be a nice solution to upgrading SunVox on a CHIP until Next Thing is ready to update their repositories.

I mainly use SunVox on my phone so it's not really an issue for me. But its nice to switch things up every now and then. And I do use my PocketCHIP pretty often...
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Nightradio, do you think this will work for people wanting to use the latest version of SunVox on the PocketCHIP (or just the CHIP) as well?
It depends on the SDL2 implementation. I'm not sure about PocketCHIP, but it is likely that the SunVox will work perfectly without the options described above.
squidmissile

Post by squidmissile »

Sweet!

One last question:
Filter, Filter Pro, Flanger, LFO, Vibrato: the incoming notes (Note ON commands) reset the LFO phase to "Set phase" value
In the thread for the 1.9.3 beta you said we can send note events directly to the LFO. Can we also send them to the lfo-including-modules (the filter, flanger, etc.) as well? (I just discovered we could do this from the Handle's post.)
squidmissile

Post by squidmissile »

Nevermind, just found out that we can. :>