Nothing to see here, keep scrolling

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
LackOfArtisticName

Nothing to see here, keep scrolling

Post by LackOfArtisticName »

Hi,

I've noted recently when checking a project in sunvox that it sounded darker than it should (also had more clicking than i remembered, something that happens on my phone as expected because that song has a big load on the cpu, but not in my pc). I tested exporting to wav and sounded perfect. The weird thing is when I checked launching sunvox from an external drive it sounded normal (with clicking but not muffled).
I've tried reinstalling, cleaning registry, disabling module visuals and executing the reset_sunvox.bat and the problem continues.

Last edited by LackOfArtisticName on Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: Weird problem in windows 10

Post by NightRadio »

The weird thing is when I checked launching sunvox from an external drive it sounded normal (with clicking but not muffled).
In this case please try to find the other differences: SunVox version, engine type (in the About window), sample rate, sound driver (DirectSound or ASIO).
LackOfArtisticName

Re: Weird problem in windows 10

Post by LackOfArtisticName »

Well, I feel extremly stupid right now. :ROFL:
There was no problem, the pattern I was checking sounded muffled because it had to open a filter in a previous pattern (even the clicking dissapears, filter magic i guess). :pardon:
Anyway, thanks for this awesome program and for the help.
Keres

Re: Nothing to see here, keep scrolling

Post by Keres »

I have actually had this problem as well. I made a bomb ass beat that sounded good as a verse/chorus (and of course it was late so there was no follow-through into any finished material) and then the next day, the tempo was all off. When i actually checked, I found that upon creation of said track i was excessively drunk, and failed to mention to my sober self to change the Fxx commands back so that the track sounded good :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

it is easy to get so lost in such a magnificent DAW.