Additional Sampler envelopes

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
NightRadio
Site Admin

Additional Sampler envelopes

Post by NightRadio »

What other envelopes do you want inside the Sampler?
Pitch, Filter cutoff, something else?
mrev

Re: Additional Sampler envelopes

Post by mrev »

Both would be awesome!
Thanks
El Nino

Post by El Nino »

It would be great to have pitch and filter cutoff + resonance envelopes in the sampler module.

It will be fun and expressive to be able to do small gliding melodies with the pitch envelope, which could later be transposed around with the musical keyboard. For that reason it would be good to have accurate semitone markers in the pitch envelope Y axis.

Would it be possible to extend the length of the sampler envelopes so that they could be as long as the longest possible patterns (in lines, ticks)?
For whole pattern rises, fades...rhythmical amplitude, filter cutoff, pitch envelopes etc. The sampler envelopes are currently of a limited length.

Sorry, one last thing. Would it be possible to define the highlighting in ticks in the sampler envelope?
Currently, when I zoom in there is a highlight every four ticks, but if the song is at 6 ticks per line it could be more useful to have the highlighting once every 3 ticks or 6 ticks...If I set the tpl to 3, or 12 those spacings would be useful too. Highlighting as it is can be useful too, for setting out triplets amplitude rythms (triplets being based around 4 tick units, straight beats 3 or 6 tick units). To be able to set the highlighting in ticks.

If the attacks, decays and releases in the other modules could be set in ticks too, that would be ultra-precision hitherto unseen in any synth worldwide.
zeffii

Post by zeffii »

I would love envelope slots. so we can pick which envelope variation per note on.

Code: Select all

c-5 sample volume ... .. .. ADSR AMP 00
=== ... 
c-5 sample volume ... .. .. ADSR AMP 03
===
c-5 sample volume ... .. .. ADSR AMP 02
===
Keres

Post by Keres »

IT had an envelope for panning ;)
Keres

Post by Keres »

IT also had[s] a "carry envelope" function which would let you hold a loop or decay through the next notes. If i remember correctly you could use it like a delay or reverb with the new note action set to fade out over a specified period.