Tildes in mac

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
HappyTootles

Tildes in mac

Post by HappyTootles »

Hi, sorry I'm a complete noob and am probably transgressing somehow, like noobs do... :P

I did search this on the forum and came up with no answers though. I've just downloaded sunvox for mac (used to fiddle with famitracker on the pc, can't continue though on mac though...). It seems to cut the note you have to put a tilde in, but there's no tilde button on mac.

I tried copying and pasting from elsewhere, but sunvox just pastes the last notes you copied within the program. Also someone said cmd+n brings up a tilde, but I tried that and it's already assigned to a function in sunvox.

Is there a known work-around for this?

Thanks in advance for input and kindness towards a simple noob. :Yahoo!:
queries

Re: Tildes in mac

Post by queries »

Try pressing the key just to the left of the "1" at the top left of the keyboard (no shift needed). It looks like this:

~
`
HappyTootles

Post by HappyTootles »

Thanks queries... not on my mac it doesn't. Forgot to mention, I have a Mexican mac (currently on adventures!) That might change things. There is no tilde button, I assure you, so I'm looking for a workaround if there is one!
queries

Post by queries »

Here's what you can do then:

1. Click top-left menu button
2. Select "Preferences"
3. Go to "Interface" section
4. Click "Shortcuts" button
5. Just below the octave options, click "Special Cmd: Note OFF".

You can then change or add shortcuts (keyboard or MIDI).

Looks like the Caps Lock key is another default option. So you might try that, and if it works you won't need to change anything after all. Even so, now you know how to remap keys to your liking any time. :)

Have fun music-making! (Or noise-making for that matter... I use it for both, haha)
HappyTootles

Post by HappyTootles »

Aha! Looks like capslock works, but all this info is useful. Brill! Back to composing. Thanks queries, you saved the day :)