LFO to pitch?

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
jugger

LFO to pitch?

Post by jugger »

Hi,

I know that by using Vibrato module you can apply pitch modulation to sound but it seems to be limited to a triangle wave. Also, the actual LFO module that has multiple waveforms, only affects to amplitude and panning. Any reason why LFO can't be assigned to do pitch modulation? Sampler module has sin/square/saw for vibrato which helps with the sampled instruments.

I've been fooling around with frequency modulation but the end result is always too fast LFO as the generator frequency range doesn't really cover the typical LFO ranges.

So if I would want to apply for example random/square/saw/inverted saw LFO to a pitch, is this possible?
Last edited by jugger on Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jugger

Re: LFO to pitch?

Post by jugger »

Did some more experimenting and found out that by adding Glide module before the module doing Frequency Modulation and using Pitch and Pitch Scale functions, you can actually get to LFO ranges.

So basically putting modules in the following order: GLIDE(playing note at C0 in sequencer plus lowering Pitch and raising Pitch Scale to get the desired LFO speed)-->ANALOG GENERATOR(setting oscillator waveform to a desired LFO shape and adjusting Volume to get the desired LFO Amount )-->GENERATOR(playing some notes and using Freq.Modulation Input from Analog Generator)-->Output
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Here is another way: LFO generator -> Sound2Ctl -> Glide.pitch -> Final generator
Attachments
vibrato with custom waveform.sunvox
(5.14 KiB) Downloaded 344 times
jugger

Post by jugger »

Nice! Thanks Alex. Pretty huge LFO capabilities with that example. Really love how you can control the smoothness of the LFO curve with Glide module's Response parameter and that you can set the LFO phase with first Multisynth in the chain.
jugger

Post by jugger »

Here's my version of the LFO as a .sunsynth file. Downside is that it only works with the Generator module. Some basic controls added to Metamodule to control LFO Shape/Rate/Intensity
Attachments
LFO_Example.sunsynth
Generator with a Pitch LFO
(7.21 KiB) Downloaded 276 times