Sunvox Music YouTube Channel (Submit Your Song!)

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
chipthrasher

Sunvox Music YouTube Channel (Submit Your Song!)

Post by chipthrasher »

Hey guys!

So I recently started a Sunvox Music compilation YouTube channel (which can be found at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCck28Y ... zqD6C-v9UQ). I've implemented a song submission system where you can submit a song with your .sunvox file, song name, author name, and website. If you have any feedback, please contact me!

So far we have songs mostly that have been included in Sunvox releases (because I haven't been able to get submissions yet)

LINK: http://www.chipthrasher.com/submit.html
Last edited by chipthrasher on Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
samrai katt kovboy

Re: Sunvox Music YouTube Channel

Post by samrai katt kovboy »

Great initiative!
Will mention on my website musicalandroid.com
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MANY CIRCLES
chipthrasher

Post by chipthrasher »

samrai katt kovboy wrote:Great initiative!
Oh, cool! I had seen the site earlier when searching for the Sunvox compos. Thanks for mentioning it!

Chip
chipthrasher

Post by chipthrasher »

samrai katt kovboy wrote:Great initiative!
Also, @StereoField2015 is me on Twitter, in case you got a notification. (Actually, my normal one is @thechipthrasher but @StereoField2015 is my music)
SawZer

Post by SawZer »

SawZer here. I watched some of the videos and felt they needed a visualizer. I don't know if you have screen capture software, and I don't know how powerful your computer is, but if NightRadio is ok with it you can use the same visualizer that was used in the last major sunvox competition. It isn't too hard to modify.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

if NightRadio is ok with it you can use the same visualizer that was used in the last major sunvox competition. It isn't too hard to modify.
Of course! :) You can freely modify it: http://warmplace.ru/compo/sunvox/2015.1 ... tepack.zip
chipthrasher

Post by chipthrasher »

ChippyMunk wrote:SawZer here. I watched some of the videos and felt they needed a visualizer. I don't know if you have screen capture software, and I don't know how powerful your computer is, but if NightRadio is ok with it you can use the same visualizer that was used in the last major sunvox competition. It isn't too hard to modify.
I actually tried doing a visualizer (not the Compo Votepack kind) but since Sunvox is built in a way that renders the song live, my computer couldn't handle it. It's a good idea, but I also think one of the points of the channel is to be simple so it loads faster and doesn't "distract you" from the actual song.

P.S. if you're a nerd: YouTube uses H.264, which looks at the pixels in each frame that are different from the last frame, then changes those. Having a screenshot makes the video much faster to load, since literally nothing changes after the first frame, the reason why it loads faster.
Keres

Re: Sunvox Music YouTube Channel (Submit Your Song!)

Post by Keres »

Not a finished song, but i plan to finish a series using basic sounds to help a few friends asking questions about general use. pretty basic shit. going to refer them here to download files from your board. I hope the remember to purchase pxitracker for their phone and donate to sunvox 2.0 ;p
Attachments
Keres_Snare_Example.sunvox.zip
(2.3 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
Keres

Re: Sunvox Music YouTube Channel (Submit Your Song!)

Post by Keres »