Sunvox Chinese Whispers

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
Rondobotic

Sunvox Chinese Whispers

Post by Rondobotic »

Had a thought today, not sure if it is a good one or not yet.

I have been listening to alot of peoples work with sunvox on sound cloud and i am really impressed with the sound design and diversity and song writing of you guys out there. It truly is a great community to be a part of and learn from. so clever.

Anyway, my thought.

I was thinking of a mass collaboration on a song and how it could be fun to have like a chinese whispers song.

one person starts a song and mucks about for a week, then someone else takes over the file for a week until it goes through all who want to be involved.

Would be interesting to see how the song could evolve.

might be rubbish, might be brilliant.

would anyone else be interested in something like this?
SawZer

Re: Sunvox Chinese Whispers

Post by SawZer »

Sounds like a really neat idea! I'd love to be involved in this.
Koekepan

Post by Koekepan »

Here you are, go wild!

Crossrhythm underneath, a little sloppy counterpoint on top.
Attachments
CWProject.sunvox
Based on the basic template, of course.
(43.41 KiB) Downloaded 319 times
Rondobotic

Post by Rondobotic »

Cool! I will play over the weekend and upload revised file on monday!

Cheers guys.
Rondobotic

Post by Rondobotic »

Ok so I made a bit of a change to a pad sound i thought sounded nice, added a bassline and a counter melody. its sitting on a bit of tension ready for some release.

see how you go ChippyMunk!

BTW I dont mind if anything in the file is changed, I had this idea as an evolution of a song without any rules, if what I have done sound bad, take it out! I'm just interested in what Ideas make it through!

Koekepan, i really liked where this has started from! what was the timing you used? seemed to move in 6 parts of a slow 12/8 measure. Is that correct?

I really liked the progression though.

the melody I soloed over the third section is a bit sloppy, kids were crawling all over me :crazy: :%) :P haha.

Thanks guys.
Attachments
CWProject.zip
(8.67 KiB) Downloaded 280 times
Koekepan

Post by Koekepan »

Rondobotic wrote:Ok so I made a bit of a change to a pad sound i thought sounded nice, added a bassline and a counter melody. its sitting on a bit of tension ready for some release.
I like the bassline and countermelody sounds. They're like the Berlin school of music come back to life. Tangerine Dream fan?
Rondobotic wrote: Koekepan, i really liked where this has started from! what was the timing you used? seemed to move in 6 parts of a slow 12/8 measure. Is that correct?
You could construe it that way, but really I meant it as a genuine crossrhythm, if at a slow pace, with 3 beats running against 4.
Rondobotic

Post by Rondobotic »

I was trying to puzzle it out because I could hear the crossrythms and when they came into phase, in and ended up just free playing the notes in because i could feel the motions but i couldn't see how they fit with the tracker patterns haha.

to be honest i haven't heard much Tangerine Dream, however it has been suggested to me, i will put some on today, thank you.
SawZer

Post by SawZer »

I'll take a look and have my altered version back in a week :)
DalDal

Post by DalDal »

This is awesome. I'd love to get involved. :)
Rondobotic

Post by Rondobotic »

anyone is welcome! more the merrier, you can go after chippy is done!

thanks!
SolarLune

Post by SolarLune »

Yeah, ok, sure. I'd like to give it a shot - no promises, though~
SawZer

Post by SawZer »

So I found a nice stopping point earlier than I had expected.
What I changed: Since I'm a simple a man and cross-rhythms don't compute, I made some major changes to phrasing. I adding a few new synths, and an outro. Also this song became considerably more 80's-ish :P
Is it ok if I post my version on Soundcloud? I go by SawZer on there, and I would here too if I could change my username...
Attachments
CWProject.7z
(14.65 KiB) Downloaded 283 times
DalDal

Post by DalDal »

Great job, really like it. Guess it's my turn now. It may end up more house-y and progressive.
Rondobotic

Post by Rondobotic »

ChippyMunk wrote:So I found a nice stopping point earlier than I had expected.
What I changed: Since I'm a simple a man and cross-rhythms don't compute, I made some major changes to phrasing. I adding a few new synths, and an outro. Also this song became considerably more 80's-ish :P
Is it ok if I post my version on Soundcloud? I go by SawZer on there, and I would here too if I could change my username...
I have no issues if the others are all ok with it!
Rondobotic

Post by Rondobotic »

Just had a listen chippy!

I love it haha we should all definitely be writing some scores for retro kung fu movies.

i love the pads. you will have to show me how you made some of those sounds! little bit hard for my small brain to follow the signal chains but I will give it ago!

I need to find some good tutorials on the anatomy of alot those synthy sounds i like.

I can hear some nice subtle arps in the background of those paddy atmospheres.

looking forward to where its heading next. hope you guys are enjoying this as much as I am.

cheers!