3/4 time signature possible?

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
yul

3/4 time signature possible?

Post by yul »

Hello! Cant his be done? The lines are highlighted at each interval of 4... Thanks!
yul

Re: 3/4 time signature possible?

Post by yul »

So this is on the wish list although I would like to suggest that the LPB would be the variable used for the highlights..if that's possible it would be the most logical and useful approach. Thanks!
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Of course you can do it :)
But you can't change the lines highlighting mode now, sorry. This feature will be implemented in future updates.
lazzarello

Post by lazzarello »

If you just want three beats with a quarter note gets one beat you can shorten your patterns to that length, as in divisible by 3. But that doesn't solve the triplet problem, or "putting three notes in the space of two". I spent some time today trying to figure this out in a general way but I couldn't really do it with math. I won't repeat my process here since I blogged about it. Check for yourself. Basically I did it by ear and could start slow and get up to some pretty fast triplets.

http://music.griftmarket.com/dat-015-120-subdivisions/

What I would like is a way to subdivide each beat by three rather than four. I guess another way to think about the triplet problem is "putting three notes in the space of four", same difference though.

I might need to do a polyrhythm exercise too. That could simulate some odd/even interplay.
Kid_lofi

Post by Kid_lofi »

The default value of new projects for 'ticks per line' is set to 6, i think, which actually lends itself really well to triplets using the 1D effect. I use that to get a 3/4 feel in the 4/4 'grid'. You can't 'see' it in the channel roll, but i set up a 3/4 metronome and try to work to that. It bends my brain less than trying to work in actual 3/4 by ignoring the bar highlighting.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.