SunVox v1.8 BETA2

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
NightRadio
Site Admin

SunVox v1.8 BETA2

Post by NightRadio »

SunVox 1.8 BETA2 is ready for testing!
http://warmplace.ru/soft/beta/sunvox1.8.beta2.zip
Available for Windows, Linux, Raspberry Pi, OSX, PalmOS, Windows Mobile.
LAST UPDATE: 12 nov 2014 (bug fixes)

What is new:

v1.8 BETA2 (11 nov 2014):
  • press SHIFT and change the value of some controller - the new value will be written to the pattern;
  • new module - GPIO (only for Raspberry Pi); with this module you can send or receive the signals to/from GPIO pins;
  • new simple song example: raspberry_pi_gpio;
  • bugs fixed.
v1.8 BETA (21 oct 2014):
  • audio engine has been switched to 32bit (Floating Point) mode on Android and iOS devices (except the slow devices without FPU);
  • other than 44100 sampling rate support for iOS and Android (only if the audio hardware supports it);
  • new Module View (Routing) functions: Zoom (with multitouch support), Snap to Grid;
  • MetaModule: EDIT button has been added; now you can edit MetaModules without annoying Loading/Saving;
  • MetaModule: additional options: Arpeggiator (change the pitch of internal MetaModule patterns), Apply velocity to song;
  • Sampler: the following options have been added: Record on play (use it if you want to record in sync with the PLAY button), Record in mono, Record with reduced sample rate, Record in 16bit;
  • SpectraVoice improvements: auto render, additional sample size, new band types (random, triangle1, triangle2, overtones1, overtones2, overtones3, overtones4);
  • Sound2Ctl: "Record Values" option has been added; now all values from this module can be recorded alongside with the other SunVox events (notes, Theremin, etc.);
  • offset commands (effect codes 09 and 07) support has been added to the following modules: Generator, Analog Generator;
  • MultiSynth: new controller "Random phase" has been added; for example, with this option you can play the Sampler's notes from the random position;
  • MultiSynth: new controller "Random velocity" has been added;
  • Analog Generator: new option "Filter freq. scaling per key (reverse)";
  • Analog Generator: new controller "Noise" - amount of the white noise;
  • new pattern command: Previous Track (displayed as <<); use it to apply effects to previous track; but the following secondary effects are not allowed: 2x, 40..5F, 1D;
  • new button in the Pattern Editor: Spec.Cmd - press it to insert a special command (Set Pitch or Previous Track);
  • additional MIDI slot has been added to the Preferences; now you can use two MIDI keyboards simultaneously;
  • Timeline section has been added to the Preferences;
  • new option: Preferences -> Timeline -> Show timeline (always show Timeline on the screen);
  • new keyboard shortcut: SHIFT + F9 - record start/stop;
  • new keyboard shortcut (pattern editor): SHIFT + [ - transpose octave down;
  • new keyboard shortcut (pattern editor): SHIFT + ] - transpose octave up;
  • new keyboard shortcut (pattern editor): CTRL + m - paste and mix;
  • new keyboard shortcut (pattern editor): SHIFT + k - insert the "Previous Track" special command;
  • new simple song examples: spectravoice2, metamodule_arpeggiator, metamodule_arpeggiator2, std_effect_multitrack, std_effect_multitrack2, std_effect_multitrack3;
  • new song examples: alchemy_masters, full_moon_night;
  • bugs fixed.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: SunVox v1.8 BETA2

Post by NightRadio »

UPDATE: several bugs was fixed in Win32 MIDI subsystem.
samrai katt kovboy

Post by samrai katt kovboy »

Love the new writing of values to patterns in this latest Beta as it can be very convenient.

Are you planning to do something similar for touch screen maybe with a button you can hold in to write the values to the pattern?
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MANY CIRCLES
z5h

Post by z5h »

The new feature of: "press SHIFT and change the value of some controller - the new value will be written to the pattern;" will be a huge help for questions I raised here:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3108
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3174

Thanks!
(I hope a variation of this makes it's way to iOS.)
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Are you planning to do something similar for touch screen maybe with a button you can hold in to write the values to the pattern?
Sure :) I will try to do it
foodeater

Post by foodeater »

NightRadio wrote:SunVox 1.8 BETA2 is ready for testing!
http://warmplace.ru/soft/beta/sunvox1.8.beta2.zip
Available for Windows, Linux, Raspberry Pi, OSX, PalmOS, Windows Mobile.
LAST UPDATE: 12 nov 2014 (bug fixes)

What is new:

v1.8 BETA2 (11 nov 2014):
[*]new module - GPIO (only for Raspberry Pi); with this module you can send or receive the signals to/from GPIO pins;
this is awesome, it will be really useful for some projects i'm working on and save a ton of time, just ordered a Raspberry Pi. :)

are you planning on supporting multi outs like this in the other versions? using multiple ins and out on a soundcard for stuff like sending out gates or inputing control signals to sound2ctrl would be nice. :)

on the other hand, it'll be fun to use sunvox on my laptop to sequence and interact with sunvox on the raspberry pi to do this kind of i/o and do it really cheaply too!

ps donated. :)
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

are you planning on supporting multi outs like this in the other versions?
Yes, maybe in future updates :) It is much more complicated task than GPIO
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

multi outs could be very helpful,. I just found an old electronic drum kit at a country yard sale. Came with two big old drum synth units,. Tama Techstar TS305 and TS306 with 6 triggers on each,. stereo audio gets me two triggers, but my pc has 7.1 so was looking to just use that to send triggers,. but alas only stereo currently. I do have a rPi so I will have a go with that tomorrow.