Screen recording software with decent audio?

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
El Nino

Screen recording software with decent audio?

Post by El Nino »

Can anyone suggest a good screen recording software with decent frame rate and audio quality for uploading a sunvox track to youtube? I dont need microphone as well, just the sunvox audio itself. (the one solarlune uses looks like a good one)
samrai katt kovboy

Re: Screen recording software with decent audio?

Post by samrai katt kovboy »

Hi.
This is one that I have not tried myself but have seen a lot of tutorials using this one and it is for free without watermark.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VirtualDub
Here is one tutorial using Virtualdub:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmrfA_v0hDk
Weell it is for free and as most other video capturing that is for free comes with watermark, guess that it is worth testing?

Easy times!
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MANY CIRCLES
tripflag

Post by tripflag »

Seconding VirtualDub, it is pretty much the best screen recorder (free or not) as long as you run Windows 8. If you're using win7 or older, you won't get a higher framerate than 15 or so.

When it comes to preparing the video for uploading to YouTube, I would recommend MeGUI. Unfortunately it does have a somewhat steep learning curve, but it's amazing. I've been considering doing a basic tutorial for it, so I will update with link if I get around to it.

Demo of VirtualDub+MeGUI
SolarLune

Post by SolarLune »

I'd go with OBS, as it's pretty powerful and easy to use, and is more tuned to screen recording than VirtualDub overall.

https://obsproject.com/
samrai katt kovboy

Post by samrai katt kovboy »

Thanks, it does looks interesting.
Is it the software you are using for your own videos?
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MANY CIRCLES
SolarLune

Post by SolarLune »

Yep, that's the software I use for recording apps or games on my computer. Works very well, indeed. I used to use VirtualDub, but I didn't have satisfactory outcomes all of the time. OBS pretty much is perfect to me for recording. I made a tutorial for recording low-resolution videos with it if anyone's interested.
Darkhog

Post by Darkhog »

While OBS is a streaming software, it can record screen as well (w/out broadcasting). From my experience it does good job at that.
CoByX

Post by CoByX »

Well, I use hypercam.
hseiken

Post by hseiken »

VLC has screen/audio capturing, too. Some of you probably already have it on your computer.
WARNINGThis angry old nerd may rant about modern computers or computer culture! It is not directed at you 99% of the time! Ignore it if it seems silly or personal!
hseiken

Post by hseiken »

I use OBS. It's virtually hastle free, open source, free and there's tons of help on it and it's rather low power consumption cpu wise. And it captures audio without having to mess with anything crazy. It has no editing features, but it can certainly capture everything you're doing in a variety of ways, lets you arrange your captured screen to have other info if you want etc. It's pretty much what everyone who does this kind of thing as amateur ends up using because it's really good at what it does.
WARNINGThis angry old nerd may rant about modern computers or computer culture! It is not directed at you 99% of the time! Ignore it if it seems silly or personal!
ivylamb

Post by ivylamb »

From your words, I know you want to capture the audio only, right? If right, you can try VideoSolo Screen Recorder, it can not only record screen but is able to capture audio of different sources.
dcstoica

Post by dcstoica »

El Nino wrote: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:20 am Can anyone suggest a good screen recording software with decent frame rate and audio quality for uploading a sunvox track to youtube? I dont need microphone as well, just the sunvox audio itself. (the one solarlune uses looks like a good one)
Try oCAM: http://ohsoft.net/eng/ocam/intro.php?cate=1002