SunVox v1.7.4 BETA2

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
NightRadio
Site Admin

SunVox v1.7.4 BETA2

Post by NightRadio »

SunVox v1.7.4 BETA2 is ready for testing!
You can get it here: http://warmplace.ru/soft/beta/sunvox1.7.4.beta2.zip
It is available for Windows, Linux, OSX, PalmOS, Windows Mobile and Raspberry Pi (linux_arm).

What is new:

v1.7.4 BETA2 (10 jan 2014):
  • the pattern name and the 16x16 icon can be shown together;
  • the Scale parameter can be changed for each module separately (in the Module Preferences, or using CTRL + MOUSE WHEEL);
  • bugs fixed.
v1.7.4 BETA1 (31 dec 2013):
  • SunVox has been ported to Raspberry Pi;
  • engine optimization;
  • new module - Sound2Ctl; this module can convert the audio signal to the numeric value of any selected controller;
  • new module - MultiCtl; with this module you can control multiple controllers at once;
  • Amplifier: new controller "Absolute" has been added; enable it to apply "absolute value" filter to the signal;
  • MultiSynth: new buttons have been added: Options, Reset, Smooth, Load, Save;
  • MultiSynth: now you can switch between different types of Velocity Graphs in the Options menu; it is useful for complex velocity mapping;
  • DrumSynth is now supports Velocity Change commands;
  • "Change font size" option has been changed to "Scale"; and now you can change the pattern editor scale very smoothly on any device;
  • now you can set the name of the pattern, instead of the 16x16 icon;
  • now the screen orientation can be changed manually (only for Android, WinCE and PalmOS) in the Preferences -> Interface -> Angle;
  • additional File Browser functions: Remove, Rename, Cut, Copy, Paste, Create Directory;
  • now you can see the file size in the File Browser (except PalmOS);
  • new simple examples: sound2ctl*, drumsynth*;
  • new song examples: moon_secrets, CsardasContinuum (by Frantisek Fuka (Fuxoft)), berlin_fm_-_nt;
  • bugs fixed.
SolarLune

Re: SunVox v1.7.4 BETA2

Post by SolarLune »

Nice to hear about the fixes and added features. If possible, could you please consider adding a "Transpose" menu for the pattern editor that works on all selected patterns? It would really help me out, personally!

EDIT: Also, could you make it so that copy and paste works like duplicate in that it moves the new pattern one pattern length over? Just some suggestions that I think wouldn't be too hard to add before release. If it's too much, then that's fine. Thanks a lot for your program, NightRadio!
gilzad

Post by gilzad »

Glowing default values! I like them!
SolarLune

Post by SolarLune »

As another request, would it be possible to keep Sampler settings (i.e. loop positions, volume, pitch, etc.) the same when loading samples? Having the settings reset between sampler "loads" makes it difficult to experiment with them.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Glowing default values! I like them!
Not quite default :) Highlighted values means 100% or some normal point for this controller. It is very useful for the Volume, when the 100% is not in the middle.
Would it be possible to keep Sampler settings (i.e. loop positions, volume, pitch, etc.) the same when loading samples?
I will try :)
foodeater

Post by foodeater »

Sound2Ctl !!! awesome! donated. :) so great using that with mic input. it can be kinda hard to fine tune the values. it'd be useful to have visual feedback like the compressor.

i don't really seem to be able to run Sound2Ctl into MultiCtl and get values to scale right for multiple parameters. tips? :)

i just found out the iOS can put out CV to modulate analog stuff. you have a monotron, right? you know you can hack it to take CV in...imagine how fun it'd be to use sunvox. :) the wave shaper is interesting...and you have the DC blocker module already...
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Thank you! :)
i don't really seem to be able to run Sound2Ctl into MultiCtl and get values to scale right for multiple parameters. tips?
Check the attached file :)
i just found out the iOS can put out CV to modulate analog stuff. you have a monotron, right? you know you can hack it to take CV in...imagine how fun it'd be to use sunvox. the wave shaper is interesting...and you have the DC blocker module already...
Very interesting!
Attachments
sound2ctl and multictl.sunvox
(3.16 KiB) Downloaded 525 times
SolarLune

Post by SolarLune »

I think I suggested this before, but since you added visual indications of default values on modules, would it be possible to add a menu option to reset the module? Or right-click to reset it to where it was originally?

EDIT: Also, the volume indicator seems to be missing on the Volume parameter of the Analog generator.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

SolarLune,
i will think about it. But these new indicators - are not default values :) This is the point of 100%.
aidenn

Post by aidenn »

Oh, oh, and while we're at "increasing comfort", how about restrictring module movement to one axis while a key is held and a snap to grid toggle for those of us with OCD? And... maybe... changing module number for multiple notes/a whole track? :)

Also, thanks for the betas, so far they're brilliant as always.
jph

Post by jph »

Yes, another OCD victim here,. "snap to grid" will save me wasting hours aligning the boxes "just so",. .
Individual scale of Modules is excellent! One thing I had been meaning to suggest is "relative scale" (SHIFT+MouseWheel) scale the POSITIONS of the modules relative to each other. Would make editing the overall structure of the module network much easier.

Also liking the 100% glow spots,. perhaps have another color for default positions, as an option,. not important, but may help some folks.