SunVox Changelog and Development Status

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
SolarLune

Re: SUNVOX V1.7.3: DEVELOPMENT STATUS

Post by SolarLune »

The Handle wrote:Would it be possible to save a chain of modules? As in, select the first module, second, third, etc., then save the chain? The time it takes me to move sounds to different projects would be significantly decreased (a lot of my sounds require at least 4-5 modules).
Why don't you use the MetaModule?
organic io

Post by organic io »

SolarLune wrote:
The Handle wrote:Would it be possible to save a chain of modules? As in, select the first module, second, third, etc., then save the chain? The time it takes me to move sounds to different projects would be significantly decreased (a lot of my sounds require at least 4-5 modules).
Why don't you use the MetaModule?
Because you have to interrupt your workflow to do with a metamodule what he is wanting to do (and I am too). He's talking about sounds that have already been created whether in a past or current project. To put them in a metamodule requires either:

1) Saving current song, opening new song and creating & saving the chain
or
2) Saving current song, deleting all unneccessary modules and then saving the relevant chain.

Either way pretty much sucks from a usability standpoint.
IMO the only way the metamodule would be useful is if you could actually edit it in the current session. Otherwise it's just too inconvenient to make changes to

But that's just my opinion.
samrai katt kovboy

Post by samrai katt kovboy »

if you work in the pc you can just open another instance and and have it open with the other instance and copy and paste...
also personally i save the meta modules i am working on as songs so there is possibility to go in and change parameters later
or you can just open it and copy and paste and have the whole chain there...
or maybe just have one project open on the side with a lot of chains that you use a lot and copy and paste...

there is a moon shining through my skull and it just wont let me go... a soft and cuddly prison indeed.
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MANY CIRCLES
SolarLune

Post by SolarLune »

organic io wrote:
Because you have to interrupt your workflow to do with a metamodule what he is wanting to do (and I am too). He's talking about sounds that have already been created whether in a past or current project. To put them in a metamodule requires either:

1) Saving current song, opening new song and creating & saving the chain
or
2) Saving current song, deleting all unneccessary modules and then saving the relevant chain.

Either way pretty much sucks from a usability standpoint.
IMO the only way the metamodule would be useful is if you could actually edit it in the current session. Otherwise it's just too inconvenient to make changes to

But that's just my opinion.
Then maybe the MetaModule should have a "Source" option that allows you to specify whether the source sunvox file should be saved in the MetaModule, or read from disk. That way, if you have, for example, a Trumpet MetaModule synth that you like, but want to edit, you can set the MetaModule synth to "From Disk", and then just open the source Trumpet.sunvox file and edit it. Then, reload the Trumpet MetaModule, and it will automatically update. When you're happy with the synth, you can set the source to "Save", and it will save with the song.

EDIT: Although, I agree that it would be much better to have (in addition) the ability to edit MetaModule synths in a pop-up instance of the Pattern, Module, and Timeline Editor.
offthesky

Post by offthesky »

hey there i really love the metamodule! - it's an amazing concept and it works pretty well for my live performances.

i'm curious if there could be built into it a param slider that let's you specify which note will start it's playback (for example it could be set so that only C3 on the midi keyboard would play one MM and c4 could play a different MM)? otherwise could it be set so that a velocity of 0 does not start playback of the MM? I think that way at least with the multisynth's velocity filter, you could make certain notes only play certain metamodules...

And also is there a way a MM could be set so that "note on" would toggle playback of the MM (i.e. press the key once to play it. press the same key again to stop it's playback)...

hope that's not asking too much! regardless, love what the MM can do and it's working small wonders for turning Sunvox into a big live performance tool for me...
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Hi!
i'm curious if there could be built into it a param slider that let's you specify which note will start it's playback
This will be implemented with MultiSynth. I added a new option to it: "Ignore notes with zero velocity".
Coming soon in the new SunVox beta :)
And also is there a way a MM could be set so that "note on" would toggle playback of the MM
Not yet, sorry.
obis

Post by obis »

omg I just stopped by http://www.warmplace.ru/soft/sunvox/ to see what windows mobile devices are supported (because I found an unlocked treo 700 for 25$ and I've never used a windows mobile phone),.. and I noticed that audiobus and JACK were listed in the sunvox key features. I am so excited. :Yahoo!:

Has v1.7.3 been submitted to the app store yet?

I would just just want to add, your apps are the best!
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Has v1.7.3 been submitted to the app store yet?
It is already in app store :) Now waiting for Apple approval...
SolarLune

Re: SUNVOX V1.7.5: DEVELOPMENT STATUS

Post by SolarLune »

I'm sure this was probably suggested, but it'd be nice if the standalone filter could have the same filters as the Analog's (high, low, band, and notch).
Oliv

Post by Oliv »

SolarLune wrote:I'm sure this was probably suggested, but it'd be nice if the standalone filter could have the same filters as the Analog's (high, low, band, and notch).
??

I think that's already the case... :no:
SolarLune

Post by SolarLune »

Huh, that's weird. You're right, Oliv - the filter does have Notch and Bandpass modes. I'm not sure what I was referring to now. :roll:
SolarLune

Re: SUNVOX V1.7.4: DEVELOPMENT STATUS

Post by SolarLune »

@NightRadio - Hello! Are the dots progress indicators now? If they are, maybe you could put an end bracket to show how far progress is progressing? Like:

[OOOO--------------]
or
[||||||.............]

or something like that?
El Nino

Post by El Nino »

Maybe it means taking some time to sort out other things with pixitracker and audiobus stuff.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Oh, sorry... :) Yes, i mean that i can't determine the progress of developent now. May be i will release 1.7.3d minor update rather than 1.7.4.
samrai katt kovboy

Post by samrai katt kovboy »

In either case eagerly awaiting like a little boy the day before Christmas!

What surprises will mindfuck me this time!!!
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MANY CIRCLES