SunVox To-Do List

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
sea

Re: SunVox todo

Post by sea »

awesome. i'll start working on some nasty analog basslines now...
TheWildJacko

Post by TheWildJacko »

This is a great program. I bought both the computer and the iPhone versions. It's the first composition program I've ever encountered that allows you to layer patterns with multiple step lengths and with a step limit greater than 16. Any chance we could get more precise alignment controls in the pattern editor of the iPhone version? It's impossible to align odd-meter patterns right now because of the 4-step nudge size.

Keep writing great software!
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Thanks!
You are right, more precise alignment is necessary feature on pocket devices. I will add this to list.
On desktop you can disable alignment by SHIFT key pressing when dragging.
ApOkwARG

Post by ApOkwARG »

Hello,

This might have been mentioned before but please consider adding proper documentation for the iPhone! Maybe integrate it within the app itself? Anyways, loving Sunvox :) Keep up the good work!
concretedog

Re: SunVox Todo List

Post by concretedog »

Ok so I'm loving Sunvox and have been using it a while now and I think that this todo list is pretty good, for me of all the things already on here I'd love the macro feature to be implemented most....however a couple of other ideas of mine for consideration are;

...A keyboard shortcut for the link function in the synth screen, cntrl and L would make sense for me
...I'd quite like to be able to render to disk an edited sample back out of the sampler...this is useful if you want to be able to transfer a sunvox project to another system, or if you simply want to use sunvox to edit some samples.
...I'd quite like the no_scopes and no_levels to be menu items as I want to turn them on and off. I find them a bit tiring on the eyes to be on all the time, but I want to be able to turn them on now and again to check levels etc

Just my thoughts :wink:
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Hi! :)

1) How about the SHIFT + mouse drag?

2) There is already SAVE button for saving WAV from the sampler :)
You can see it on this image:

3) no_scopes and no_levels as menu items - ok :) I'll add this wish to the list.
concretedog

Post by concretedog »

doh...how did I miss that in the sampler :oops: !
Shift and mouse/stylus would be a grand solution.
Thanks for adding my stuff.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

concretedog wrote:Shift and mouse/stylus would be a grand solution.
This shortcut is already exists in SunVox :)
concretedog

Post by concretedog »

lol...

Maybe I should just be quiet from now on!
FoxMcCloud

Post by FoxMcCloud »

Hi Alex, and greetings from Canada !
I bought SunVox on the iPhone and it's amazing ! I'm having lots of fun (and I even convinced a coworker to buy it... and maybe some others later!)

Here are some improvements I'd like to see:
1- The program starts oriented in a certain way and I have to tilt the iPhone several times to get it oriented properly, the initial orientation should be checked on startup (and maybe use the last orientation when flat).
2- Setting an auto-step number when editing would be great, as others have suggested, and key repeating so I can hold down an effect number and have it repeat all the way down.
3- If you move the cursor vertically in the pattern editor, it should only scroll vertically with a large horizontal deadzone, to avoid problems when trying to move down a few lines in the same column, and switching to the next column by mistake (vice-versa for horizontal selection). iPhone scrolling often has this feature (safari).
4- Auto-save to a temporary file when exiting would be a life saver... (and then maybe auto-load it on startup)
5- Scroll the piano left/right note by note - maybe by sliding 2 fingers on the piano? Would make it easier to get to the note just left or right of the piano without having to switch octaves.
6- Create new directories when saving. Maybe just check for a slash "/" in the entered file name and create that directory? That or a create directory button.
7- Is there any way of removing the velocity or synth number of a line so that it keeps the last value? It seems the synth number is always set and the velocity cannot be un-set once I wrote something.

Well, that's a lot ! Sorry for asking for so many things, they're just suggestions :)
Please keep improving your awesome program and I'll keep making my friends buy it :D (don't worry, I'll do it anyway)

Do you have a timeline for your next update?
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Hello! :)

1. I will see how i can improve it.
2. Adding to to-do list.
3. I will try to respect that wish.
4. Already in the wishes list :)
5. I will implement it as soon as I find the most usable way.
6. May be, in one of the next releases.
7. Not sure, that i understand you correctly. Are you want to remove velocity? Just move the cursor to this column and press the HLD button. No? :)

Timeline for the next update will be available soon. Just after the 1.5.5 iPhone release.

Alex.
fibre

Post by fibre »

Hi,

I bought the SunVox iPhone app a couple days ago, and I am really enjoying it too.

I do have a request that goes a bit in the same direction as item 1 from above. What I'd really like to see is an option to lock the app orientation. I use it in my bed and on my couch and sometimes the position I am in is incompatible with the orientation I'd like to use. Also, repositioning myself sometimes trigger an orientation update even if I am in the middle of updating values or sliders, which leads to erroneous inputs.

Thanks again for a great product!
BamBooli

Post by BamBooli »

Sunvox is great

I wish i can use my ladspa plugs in sunvox
juolac

Post by juolac »

/juolac, planning to get some mobile device and start using SunVox :)
PlainFlavored

Post by PlainFlavored »

^ A feature like that already exists for SunVox, it is called Multisynth.

I love Sunvox and have been using it since v1.4.5. It's excellent to have a modular synth tracker in Linux, especially one that I can use to send modules to my friends on Windows computers or Macs and have them hear/work the exact same song, without having to worry about plugins or compatibility or any of that nonsense. Once I will be able to use it to MIDI control other synths, I will be in heaven.

Here are a few things that I think would be nice in SunVox that I don't think have been mentioned yet:

- Tabs to switch between the tracker, instrument, and song layout screen
- Ringmod effect (has since been implemented)
- Tape Stop effect
- Audio Stretcher in sample editor (can be done via transpose commands, i also think this exists under some other name maybe)
- Pitch Shifter effect
- Ability to change the color of the interface (has since been implemented)
- More advanced config file instead of creating files called .sunvox_pateditor etc. in the home directory
- Repeat Section command, like the E6x command in Fasttracker II (i take this back, it would mess up playback the way that sunvox does it)
- Master Volume command
- Channel Soloing/Muting
Last edited by PlainFlavored on Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.