SunVox To-Do List

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
trackhead

Re: SunVox Todo List

Post by trackhead »

Hi!
also a feature request here:
I'd wished sunvox would have an envelope generator or a simple ADSR wich can be triggerd from a multisynth an controlls e.g.
filter intensity or the pitch of an generator. - ... Just to do all the classic analog-styles.
... and fine tuning for generator and fm would be nice to get rich sounds.

Post by 6810 »

While I agree with you, the existing filter module is very useable for creating ADSR envelopes. Sure, you have to do it manually, but with interpolation, a bit of cut and paste, it's also very flexible - especially at high tick rates.

Plus, you can assign a filter to each synth controlled by the multisynth and thus have separate filters running on each generator all as mere oscillators in a mega huge multisynth controlled pad machine!
xaccrocheur

Re: SunVox Todo List : User-defined keys

Post by xaccrocheur »

Hi Everyone, Hi Alex ;

You know what feature I'd love to see implemented in the next sunvox I find in my christmas socks ?
User-defined keys !
in the sunvox.ini file, much like you can now define user colors, you could also say :

space = play-pause_pattern
ctrl+space = play-pause_song
k = toggle_edit_mode

And various commonly used commands, redefinable in the file ; That would make sunvox truly user-configurable and usable on many platforms with weird keyboard layouts (like my N900, where there's no FKeys, and no way to play/pause without grabbing the stylus, witch I find quite clumsy).

EDIT Sorry I missed this entry in the TODO list thread's 1st post - keep 'em coming ! :good:
Yassin Philip - Check out My music =@
trackhead

Post by trackhead »

@ 6810
yes you can do very flexible things with the controllers/levels - and for some sceneries you can also mimic the behavior of an envelope
but it's not the same. -> e.g. the closing of the filter on a single sixteenth note.

Sorry, must have overlooked it : it is already on the todo-list:

"Envelope for any controllers of the synths."
zabugron

Post by zabugron »

Hi,
I think it would be useful to have the possibility to change the distance in rows between highlighted rows, and between partially highlighted rows, in the pattern properties, in order for example to have a graphical reference for non 4/4 rhythms.
Bye and thanks
SolarLune

Post by SolarLune »

I'm sure this is already somewhere on the to-do list, but MIDI importing would be a good feature. It would really help if you wanted to do a cover of another song.
menthes

Post by menthes »

feature request: a small box for comments and greets (~255 characters) with fixed width font.
SolarLune

Post by SolarLune »

menthes wrote:feature request: a small box for comments and greets (~255 characters) with fixed width font.
I second that idea - a description box would be really nice (you could fake it with a series of 32-bar icons, LOL).
menthes

Post by menthes »

SolarLune wrote:(you could fake it with a series of 32-bar icons, LOL).
that's something i hadn't thought of, until now. gonna use this cool trick in the meantime. 8)
PlainFlavored

Post by PlainFlavored »

menthes wrote:feature request: a small box for comments and greets (~255 characters) with fixed width font.
I've thought of this before too. Oftentimes when I'm composing I get ideas that can't be implemented in the span of time I have to be in front of a tracker, so it would be good if there were some sort of text editor module!
SolarLune

Post by SolarLune »

Oh, and the Title box isn't long enough - if you use a Title that's too long, it will get truncated (I think).
SolarLune

Post by SolarLune »

If I could make a request, it would be to have a function to transpose notes for whole patterns selected in the pattern editor - that would really make it much easier to transpose a part of a song.

Post by guest »

Mr. Zolotov, thank you both for your creativity and generosity. You are a ray of light in our hard world! :good:
If you don't mind, I have a few questions about the playback...
Can I change a timeline position from the pattern editor? And can I play the pattern line by mouse click?
Good luck!
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Mr. Zolotov, thank you both for your creativity and generosity. You are a ray of light in our hard world!
Thank you! :)
Can I change a timeline position from the pattern editor? And can I play the pattern line by mouse click?
Unfortunately you can't do it in the current SunVox version. Check it later :)
offthesky

Post by offthesky »

First off, great app! This thing has inspired me to get back into tracking full force -I love how modular and mobile it is and the vorb player is killer.

I second those who've mentioned requests for a robust live mode; would be sweet to be able to trigger multiple simultanious patterns on/off via clicking or via midi keyboard (like fruity loops live pattern mode). and if the patterns are all different lengths, you'd end up with some awesome poly rhythmic or generative live music happening. But currently the pattern play in sunvox is still allot of fun!

Really, thanks for putting so much love into this tool!