SunVox To-Do List

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
SolarLune

Re: SunVox To-Do List

Post by SolarLune »

I see per-pattern WAV file output on the list; per-channel WAV file output would also be nice.
nihildeb

Post by nihildeb »

I would love to see a more flexible FM system. As in, let me build my own, like we have with the AM module.
The idea is to take Analog Oscillator and enable audio signals to be chained INTO the Analog Osc. Then you can do
1) A -> B -> C
or
2) A * B -> C
This way we could build our own FM modules with multiple oscillators and do *filtering* between them.

And thank you so much for this tool.
Koekepan

Post by Koekepan »

Maybe just a side-chain based FM filter module? That way you could apply generic FM modulation to any soundstream.
nihildeb

Post by nihildeb »

Like the AM module? The difference is (besides the transform obviously) is you'd have to define who's the carrier and who's the modulator. That would work too, but it would grow the module count pretty fast. Osc -> Filter -> FM -> Osc -> Filter -> FM -> ...

That's 3 modules to do what we have today, (2 osc, no filters)
count0

Post by count0 »

I'm having a lot of fun with sunvox 1.8. Thanks for the great software, Night Radio.

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I would love to have a way to shift the notes of pattern up or down, without having to copy and then paste at a different starting point. And the notes past the bottom of the pattern would shift up to the top and cycle.

I believe this would also mean a change to the pasting behavior, because it would depend on the pattern length.
iaon

Post by iaon »

Yeah, that would be very useful, maybe as a 'pattern edit cycling' on/off switch near (or in) the 'edit step' menu...
count0

Post by count0 »

iaon wrote:Yeah, that would be very useful, maybe as a 'pattern edit cycling' on/off switch near (or in) the 'edit step' menu...
That is an even better idea. I noticed you can shift a pattern upwards using the backspace key, but again it does not cycle.. I wish it did.

There is no way to shift a pattern down or ahead that I can figure out.
iaon

Post by iaon »

To shift downwards: the Insert key or the INS button that appears in the upper right corner in edit mode.
GameGlomp

Post by GameGlomp »

NightRadio you should make a Patreon account affiliated with SunVox development. Basically, on Patreon, people pledge a certain amount of money whenever a "creator" releases something. Maybe this is a way where people could voluntarily support you every time you release something on the to-do list or something like that?

Just an idea. Whatever increases the chances of me being able to someday link my MIDI controller to SunVox knobs ;) mwuahaha
IMJAFB

Post by IMJAFB »

would like to see 2 things on sunvox: the first one (the most important) is controlling Sunvox parameters with a midi controller (and map them) the second one is a Fl-Studio style live mode...Sunvox is my new favourite music software, but it would be perfect if I can use it for live sets!
ps: Compliments for the software, I love it!
dolflou032

Post by dolflou032 »

Do GOOGLE DRIVE INSTEAD OF DROPBOX DRIVE GIVE 10 GIG INSTEAD OF TWO FOR DROPBOX
:Yahoo!: :Yahoo!: :Yahoo!: SUNVOX IS AWESOME !!!! :Yahoo!: :Yahoo!: :Yahoo!:
Koekepan

Post by Koekepan »

I'm confused.

I don't use either google or dropbox drives. What do they have to do with sunvox?

Is this just some kind of weird google spam?
dolflou032

Post by dolflou032 »

nope it's cloud drives that says if you want you can i.e. start a project on your phone save it and continue it on your Pc or tablet it's cloud !!!
queries

Post by queries »

dolflou032, have you tried using the existing import/export features on your phone in order to get sunvox files in and out of dropbox or google drive? I am not sure how to do that on Android, but with iOS you can already do those sorts of things without too many steps. There's also WiFi sharing in SunVox.

It is slightly less convenient than having it automatically sync in the cloud, but avoiding putting all that in SunVox itself would give more time for NightRadio to work on new module types, controllers, and other features. :)
dolflou032

Post by dolflou032 »

Yes i use folder sync actually to sync my sunvox files