SunVox To-Do List

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
cjaxis

Re: SunVox To-Do List

Post by cjaxis »

please please please!!!

regular ADSR envelopes for synths/filters!!
SolarLune

Post by SolarLune »

The ability to assign a track to a module would be really useful. That way, you could easily transfer notes for a track over to another instrument (rather than the current way of having to manually remap the notes to another module).
foodeater

Post by foodeater »

SolarLune wrote:The ability to assign a track to a module would be really useful. That way, you could easily transfer notes for a track over to another instrument (rather than the current way of having to manually remap the notes to another module).
Select all -> remap? I think the strange thing / possible bug* is that your pattern selection is ignored when you do this, that is, you can have multiple patterns selected, but only the one you can see is remapped.

*Because if you notice your selection stays even when you switch patterns.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

I think the strange thing / possible bug* is that your pattern selection is ignored when you do this, that is, you can have multiple patterns selected, but only the one you can see is remapped.
Selection button (in the Module remapping window) means selection in the current pattern only. You can't remap several selected patterns, sorry.
SolarLune

Post by SolarLune »

It would be nice if there was a Favorites section in Save and Load dialogs where you could save your different project directories, like in GIMP or Blender.
NLaRosa

Post by NLaRosa »

First of all, thank you so much for such an excellent, professional piece of software. SunVox is the only music creation tool I've been able to express myself musically with to date. The interface is spectacular and having everything dynamically scale and showing everything on one screen is brilliant.

As such, after hours spent in the iPad version of sunvox, I have a few suggestions as to features that would be very helpful to have.

1) A module that can map patterns to notes. For example, if there are 6 patterns created (each pattern should have a unique number just as modules do) then those 6 patterns can be mapped to 6 notes so its playback will be triggered by a note event either from the virtual keyboard, a MIDI note, or even the currently playing sequence. This would also be able to be used as a live mode, where each pattern can be played by pressing a key. This would be very helpful to listen to how patterns can be played together before committing them to the song.

2) Alternative piano roll modes, such as having all the keys be in G Minor, or Phrygian mode, etc. a good example of this would be how Propellerhead's Figure keyboard is set up. Another example would be the Chordion or SoundPrism keyboards where they keyboard changes its notes based on the currently selected key/mode.

3) The ability to pinch to zoom in the module view would be spectacular.

4) Being able to enter a pattern like I'm typing on a keyboard instead of having to select each cell sequentially. For example, if I want to enter a module number and then a controller and then an effect and then a parameter, I have to enter each character and then select the next cell to the right and then input the next character. It would be a lot faster if I could just type "d 3 2 4 1 d 0 0 0 0 0 3" and have the cursor move to the right automatically after each character entered. This could be a selectable mode perhaps near the lock icon

Thank you again for such a wonderful piece of software!

-Nick
Anforium

Post by Anforium »

I'm not sure if this has already been requested, and it is kind of a strange idea, but what about a "key change" module of a sort? You would run synths through it, and it would automatically transpose all the notes up/down a specified number of steps.

This would be incredibly useful for those of us who compose on a standard computer keyboard, as composing in keys like G require constantly shifting octaves to get the required notes. Essentially this module would enable you to use the keys Z-< and Q-I to compose in any key.

I hope this makes sense.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Anforium,
Relative note in the Module properties - is what you need?
tripflag

Post by tripflag »

Would it be possible to change the default filename of new songs? Currently it is "My song 28 apr 2013 18.46.sunvox", which doesn't sort properly in file managers (days of different months/years group together). This is particularly annoying on android. I suggest something like "2013-04-28_18-46.sunvox" instead.

Also, it would be great if you could export directly to MP3, although I understand that might be imposible due to licensing. Exporting to OGG would definitely be a good alternative. Anything except .wav, which simply take too long on a cellphone connection!

Finally, it'd be nice if the picture could be rotated 180 degrees, as the headphone jack of my tablet is at the top of the device. Not exactly practical with a heavy curly headphone cable ;)
squidmissile

Post by squidmissile »

tripflag wrote:Would it be possible to change the default filename of new songs? Currently it is "My song 28 apr 2013 18.46.sunvox", which doesn't sort properly in file managers (days of different months/years group together). This is particularly annoying on android. I suggest something like "2013-04-28_18-46.sunvox" instead.
I support this suggestion. It wouuld make searching through/for songs that still have the default file name easier and quicker. I have a (growing) folder loaded with sunvox files that I almost never touch because I haven't renamed them.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

ok :)
22tape

Post by 22tape »

i think mentioned these before in another thread, but not here:

please oh please can we have a 0B00 (backward) command :)

an option like renoise's autoseek would be a huge time-saver: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuqiRKCtU00

the ability to be able to record into any of the available sampler slots.

do you accept financial bribes in exchange for implementing feature requests sooner? :)

great work, NR!
22tape

Post by 22tape »

"the ability to be able to record into any of the available sampler slots"

:) thanks, can't wait to try it out!
SolarLune

Post by SolarLune »

It'd be nice if the delay module defaulted to 128 for dry and 128 for wet, so that it doesn't change the input volume of the sound by default.

EDIT: For all Dry / Wet devices, a Dry / Wet percentage might be easier to use, rather than dry volume and wet volume separately.

EDIT 2: A forward and back button for the file browser would be nice, too.
SolarLune

Post by SolarLune »

An easier way to move notes would be nice. Maybe click and drag to select (as it is now), but being able to left click and hold to pick up and move, and releasing left click drops the notes where you have them highlighted?

A "Channel" mode where each channel in a pattern is tied to a single module would be nice for creativity and composing purposes. That way, you can easily synchronize instruments, as well as orchestrate things easier (just sliding notes over to another channel to hear another instrument play it, rather than having to re-map them).