can't load sunvox song

Found a bug? Post it here.
Mega Doll

can't load sunvox song

Post by Mega Doll »

i was writing a song and the sampler started failing to load .xi instruments, after that i rebooted sunvox, but the bug still there, i rebooted my mac os the bug stills there, i changed to an older version of sunvox no change but this time the prompt cant load file.sunvox and a log appeared, since then i can't load that song.

The song is perfectly ok, this bug has also happened before and i solved it by moving sunvox to another folder and also moving the song to a different folder. but this time it didn't worked

i can't export the log, when i save it to the desktop it doesn't appear in the desktop

Please help me

Andrew
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: can't load sunvox song

Post by NightRadio »

Maybe this will help: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4399
Mega Doll

Post by Mega Doll »

nope, it didn't worked, i have the log, does that help? the song still broken and i know there must be a solution...

shall i send you the song??
Attachments
log.txt
(1.25 KiB) Downloaded 175 times
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

I apologize for the long delay with the answer, but it seems that the problem was in the broken file.
In the log you can see the following: load_block(): can't read the size of block CHDT
This means that the file is incomplete and the SunVox can't read the required data from it.
Either the file was damaged during the save or after the save. Now it is difficult to say.

Here is one way to break a file:
1) save project in the newest SunVox;
2) load it in the old version of SunVox, change something and save again; here the file structure may be broken, because the old SunVox knows nothing about the new one.