Odd Generator Behavior With MultiSynth

Found a bug? Post it here.
hseiken

Odd Generator Behavior With MultiSynth

Post by hseiken »

I included the file here for reproduction of the bug. It happens in Win64bit version. I haven't tested it in others yet, the file was created in Win64bit version, too.

Basically, in this drum kit, I've set up one multiSynth to control 5 other multiSynths with 1 pair of child multiSynths routed to a single generator. However, there is a problem with two of the generators in this kit cutting each other off without reason.

The drum mappings begin at C5. Pushing C5 and D5 together plays kick and snare as normal and expected. Pushing F5 and G5 quickly alternating makes hi hat play as expected. However, pushing E5 and F5 causes hat to choke! It shouldn't happen, they are completely different generators.

What is happening?

Included the file for inspection. I hope this is sorted out somehow and hopefully is a problem with my routing/settings and not a problem with sunvox.

UNRELATED BUGS: Using multiCTRL units after saving the SUNVOX project and then reloading as a METASYNTH caused many routings and settings to be lost in the multCTRL units. I had to go back and re edit half of them because somehow they routed to the wrong values and had the wrong settings on top of that. I can't recreate this bug as I didn't think to make it recreateable. if I run into this bug again, I will be sure to save before/after versions.
Attachments
HSI DRUM FACTORY.sunsynth
(35.63 KiB) Downloaded 255 times
WARNINGThis angry old nerd may rant about modern computers or computer culture! It is not directed at you 99% of the time! Ignore it if it seems silly or personal!
hseiken

Re: Odd Generator Behavior With MultiSynth

Post by hseiken »

Here's also a video time stamped with a SUPER WEIRD BUG I caught on camera.

For some reason, the HI HAT CONTROLLER in the MetaSynth somehow affected DRY/WET of the REVERB?!?!?!

https://youtu.be/yZoZyV322mI?t=149
WARNINGThis angry old nerd may rant about modern computers or computer culture! It is not directed at you 99% of the time! Ignore it if it seems silly or personal!
queries

Post by queries »

Not yet sure about your main bug report but the multictl save/load bug fix is already announced as being fixed in the next release.

As far as Multisynth, do you have "ignore notes with zero velocity" option turned on? That can fix some odd-seeming behavior in some setups.
hseiken

Post by hseiken »

queries wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:58 pm
As far as Multisynth, do you have "ignore notes with zero velocity" option turned on? That can fix some odd-seeming behavior in some setups.
Actually I do...turns out the visuals for the keyboard mapper can still register value but graphically not show. I went back and double checked my output mapping and after dragging the mouse carefully off the mapper, it fixed whatever problem there was. So, I guess it's fixed. :)

The weird mappings still blow my mind...like in the video, turning down the volume of the generator shouldn't make reverb; the reverb has no signal to...uh reverb. So it actively turned into a dry volume, but there's no possible way for it to do this through a metamodule control. So that one is still a mystery. It turns out the metamodule remapped that output to literally OUTPUT for no reason when I wasn't looking. I've since resaved it after fixing all of the issues after building the internals and it seems stable now, but that was rather frustrating to have things working inside the module then pull out and things start falling apart...it's like when you're building a card house and you get everything set up and the cat runs across the table! lolol

That said, I'll probably finish up this drum synthesizer soon and pop it up for everyone...if none of these bugs are new, then at least Alex might have some more pieces of info to work with as just knowing about bugs doesn't particularly provide enough information to fix them.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

The drum mappings begin at C5. Pushing C5 and D5 together plays kick and snare as normal and expected. Pushing F5 and G5 quickly alternating makes hi hat play as expected. However, pushing E5 and F5 causes hat to choke! It shouldn't happen, they are completely different generators.
What is happening?
Look at the Velocity Curve of the module 11.
It seems that the note E5 has zero velocity. But it is not.
In fact, the velocity is 1, but you don't see this, because the interface hides such small values.
If you set it to 0 using the SET button - everything will work fine.
SunVox 1.9.4 will show the small values correctly.

Using multiCTRL units after saving the SUNVOX project and then reloading as a METASYNTH caused many routings and settings to be lost in the multCTRL units.
I think this is the same bug that is described here: http://warmplace.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4478
Will be fixed in 1.9.4

For some reason, the HI HAT CONTROLLER in the MetaSynth somehow affected DRY/WET of the REVERB?!?!?!
Open the Controllers of your MetaModule.
You will see that the HAT HARDNESS is connected to the Output module inside the MetaModule.
By default the "Event output" option is enabled in your MetaModule. So you just receive the controller commands from the output of the MetaModule. And the Reverb will receive it. Output has no controllers, so the ctl.number is 0, which corresponds to DRY of the Reverb :)