OSX : SpectraVoice's harm. partial settings don't update immediately

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
vichug

OSX : SpectraVoice's harm. partial settings don't update immediately

Post by vichug »

Hey, it's just that i noticed when you modify something of one harmonic partial in the SpectraVoice module (so either the harmonic partial's frequency, or its volume, or its width) ; it doesn't change in the actual sound immediately, you have to release the mouse first (or stop sending midi cc messages).

At first i thought it was a design limitation, but on iPad it seems to update on the fly, not waiting for touch release, and it's better =) i like to play at realtime with those parameters, with midi controllers too and it's more convenient on OSX than iPad. It's true that some parameter changes may give clicks on iPad, but it's not really a problem, plus the most important parameter to play with for me, which is the harmonic partial volume, doesn't give such clicks. This would thus be really better if this was fixed !

Thanks in advance, have a nice day
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: OSX : SpectraVoice's harm. partial settings don't update immediately

Post by NightRadio »

Unfortunately i can't reproduce your bug on my Mac (latest macOS + latest SunVox).
May be some special conditions? (project, module, etc.)
Can you please give me some additional information. The video from your desktop would be just great
vichug

Post by vichug »

Hey, so i'm on osx yosemite 10.10.5, and sunvox 1.9b ...oh... i just realized it's not the latest version (and it was a beta right ? b for beta ?) :s I made a recording of the bug, but first i'm going to try everything again with the latest version. Sorry for the late reply !
vichug

Post by vichug »

ye the bug is not there anymore. Cheers !...