Metamodules: Changing MultiCtl's value using pattern commands only updates the Metamodule controller [FIXED 11.01.17]

Found a bug? Post it here.
purelygrey

Metamodules: Changing MultiCtl's value using pattern commands only updates the Metamodule controller [FIXED 11.01.17]

Post by purelygrey »

Metamodule controllers for MultiCtls change visually but don't seem to affect the actual modules when changed through pattern commands. Changing the controllers with the mouse works just fine.

Sunvox 1.9.2 (Nov 4 2016) on Windows 10 x64

Here's the project file:
Attachments
MetamoduleBug.sunvox
(9.38 KiB) Downloaded 403 times
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: Metamodules: Changing MultiCtl's value using pattern commands only updates the Metamodule controller

Post by NightRadio »

Thank you. This bug will be fixed in the next SunVox update.
Here is the temporary solution (just use the global controllers instead of the local):
Attachments
MetamoduleBug.sunvox
(9.63 KiB) Downloaded 397 times
Keres

multictl inside of metamodule changing links when clicking back out of edit mode

Post by Keres »

=@

I make a patch. I want to control the LFO amount of the Filter Pro and 2 cutoff values for 2 different analog generators. I use a multictl. I click back out of the edit mode of the multimodule. I go to controllers for the metamodule. I select the multicontrol inside the metamodule and select value, then i give it a name. now when i slide it, seemingly nothing (or weird random effects) happen. I go back inside the metamodule. The connections to the ProFilter and the generators are all changed around.

sometimes it works correctly, and sometimes not.
Keres

Re: Metamodules: Changing MultiCtl's value using pattern commands only updates the Metamodule controller [FIXED 11.01.17

Post by Keres »

It seems that when i go back to see what is wrong with the multictl, the sliders are not in the order that i patched them, they are in an order ascending by machine number. the controller values for each multictl slider do not change. so if i have analog generator 01, analog generator 11, and filterpro14... but i patch from the multictl as Profilter14, analoggenerator01, analog gen11, it will not work. I have to patch them in order of the lowest number to the highest, otherwise that's when the multictl inside the metamodule freaks out and changes their order around. *i think* -=//
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: Metamodules: Changing MultiCtl's value using pattern commands only updates the Metamodule controller [FIXED 11.01.17

Post by NightRadio »

Keres, thank you for this info.
It's another bug, so i created a new thread: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4478