Mass pattern cut/paste causes duplicated pattern mixup, crash on undo [FIXED 16.08.16]

Found a bug? Post it here.
Saltbearer

Mass pattern cut/paste causes duplicated pattern mixup, crash on undo [FIXED 16.08.16]

Post by Saltbearer »

I'm trying to make silly mixes using SunVox, and unfortunately this bug has given me trouble on the last couple projects and makes huge structural changes difficult.

Whenever I cut and paste a large chunk of the thing (several dozen patterns of various lengths across thousands of lines), pasted duplicate patterns refer to the wrong patterns as sources. If I undo until the original pattern positions should be restored, SunVox crashes.

Confused duplicates are not limited to cloning other patterns which have also been duplicated. Possibly patterns created in a short span of time? Does cutting and pasting and creating and deleting individual patterns enough times screw with internally designated pattern IDs or something? Could loading a save play a part?
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: Mass pattern cut/paste causes duplicated pattern mixup, crash on undo

Post by NightRadio »

It happens on Android only?
Can you reproduce this bug in Windows/Linux/OSX version?
And please send me your large project - i will try to debug the copy/paste in it.
Saltbearer

Post by Saltbearer »

I only have access to Android.

PMing project.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Hello again! :)
Checking your project now...
The question: how easy it is reproducible on your device? So... If you open it, copy some patterns, then paste them, is that enough? Or some additional actions required?
Just trying to find the shortest way to reproduce this bug...
Saltbearer

Post by Saltbearer »

It seems to be certain late-project patterns in particular that trigger this.

I made videos. Forgive formatting, the screen recording app is a bit wonky. :v

Video 1: Messing with duplicate cutting at the beginning, stuff is fine. Then I mess with some later patterns, clones get mixed up, undo crashes. https://youtu.be/LR3CkEZnVwA

Video 2: I cut and paste a specific troublesome pattern's clone. Works fine. I combine the cut with another pattern + clones. I paste. The clones are of the wrong patterns. I undo safely. I mix in more patterns. More mix-ups. Undo. Crash. https://youtu.be/KDvshoA1640?t=44s
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: Mass pattern cut/paste causes duplicated pattern mixup, crash on undo [FIXED 16.08.16]

Post by NightRadio »

I hope it will be fixed in 1.9.2 :)