1.9b, Android - Attempting to load a file from a file manager deletes the file [FIXED 29.12.15]

Found a bug? Post it here.
Saltbearer

1.9b, Android - Attempting to load a file from a file manager deletes the file [FIXED 29.12.15]

Post by Saltbearer »

I'm not sure if this is a recent thing or what, I generally only load from within the app. It seems preeet-ty bad.

When I select SunVox as the app to open a file (of any type) with from a file managing app, it opens a new project and attempts to load the file's raw data in a sampler. At this point, the file has already been deleted.

Any file type associations with the app seem to have been forgotten, if they were even there before.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: 1.9b, Android 5.0.1 - Attempting to load a file from a file manager **deletes the file**

Post by NightRadio »

You are right, it is a serious bug. Will be fixed in 1.9.1
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: 1.9b, Android - Attempting to load a file from a file manager deletes the file

Post by NightRadio »

Although... I'm not sure... It works without file deletion on my Android-phone.
Two questions for you
1) What file manager do you use?
2) Where (which folder) are these files initially?
Saltbearer

Re: 1.9b, Android - Attempting to load a file from a file manager deletes the file

Post by Saltbearer »

1) ES File Explorer
2) This is interesting - I can successfully load a file from anywhere but nightradio.sunvox > files, including child directories of it. If I load a file, and a file of the same name exists in files, the one in files gets deleted.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

ah, ok, thanks. Now i understand what is wrong.
Here is the algorithm of SunVox:
1) copy selected file to the internal SunVox directory nightradio.sunvox/files;
2) load it;
3) remove the copy.
So if the original file is in the same directory with the copy - the file will be removed completely.
I will fix it
DigitalNematode

Re: 1.9b, Android - Attempting to load a file from a file manager deletes the file [FIXED 29.12.15]

Post by DigitalNematode »

Oh thank god, grrrr. Thought it was just me. Es wth root