Basic SuperSaw with MetaModule

RayureBob

Basic SuperSaw with MetaModule

Post by RayureBob »

Hi.

I'm pretty new to sunvox, and I wanted to try to use the meta module just to get a tiny hand on all the possibilities it gives.

I ended up making a nice super saw I wanted to share with you.

Pitch, Panning and Volume are MultiCtl that allows changes to what they're named after.

When selected, the meta module gives you access to 3 controller. I describe them here because I couldn't name these controller so that it's easy to recognize them, since they all are the "value" controller of the multiCtl.

1: Volume. Don't mess with it too much because it can get very loud very quickly

2: This is the Value controller of the Pitch multyCtl. When the value is set at max, every saw has the same pitch. As the value lessen, each saw's pitch drift away from the original pitch to it's own rate: I wanted each saw to have a different pitch, so I made linear variations in the min/max settings of each saw to make each pitch different.

3: Panning. I did pretty much the same thing as above, as I didn't want two saw to have the same panning value.

here's the download link. Feel free to tell me what you think, as well as what you think would make it better !

https://ufile.io/1i2yz
Keres

Re: Basic SuperSaw with MetaModule

Post by Keres »

Hi RayureBob! Your patch sounds pretty killer! It seems like you have a pretty good grasp of audio and how to produce. One thing about editing patches is that sunvox has both a song file format (.sunvox) and a patch file format (.sunsynth). When i first started making more complicated patches it took me a really long time to understand how it is supposed to be done. Basically, sunsynth files are saved and loaded in the modules routing area. To make a sunsynth file out of your patch, i did the following:

1. Open up an empty sunvox and place down a metamodule. Click on "edit" and go inside the metamodule. At this point go to the regular file menu and load your project (your original supersaw.sunvox). configure it how you would like to and make any final changes then exit back to the main sunvox.

2. now setup any user controllers you would like. you can add more than 3 and rename them in the edit controllers window.

3. now save your patch as a .sunsynth using the save menu in the Modules Routing area.

you can now load it as an instrument with preview in any project! I attached the patch of yours here, and you can see i configured the detune using another multictrl going the opposite way. i also toned down the reverb a bit ;p

have fun!
Attachments
RayureBob_SuperSaw.sunsynth
(20.66 KiB) Downloaded 311 times
Keres

Post by Keres »

Keres

Post by Keres »

maybe you can give me a tip on how to display images -;/
RayureBob

Post by RayureBob »

Thank you for all these informations ! I did think that maybe the format used wasn't the right one, but I didn't put much thought in it lol

Thank you for the tweaks you've done. I saw you've used the curve of some of the multyCtl you've added, it'll give me a good opportunity to understand and work with them.

And thank you as well for telling me that it seems I know what I'm doing lol I've been putting a lot of work in understanding sound design processes and synthesis concepts lately, i'm glad it's getting me somewhere.