Effects for the new SUNVOX 1.9.4

NightRadio
Site Admin

Effects for the new SUNVOX 1.9.4

Post by NightRadio »

If you want to see your own modules (effects, filters) in the new SunVox - please upload the files in this thread (attach it to the message, or provide the links).
By uploading you agree that your modules can be used freely (without any restrictions, including commercial works) by any user of the SunVox.

Please optimize your modules!

File name format: [ one word for the author nickname ] [ space ] [ synth name ].sunsynth
Examples:
NR New Reverb.sunsynth
cube48 Echo48.sunsynth
KidLoFi Fat Flanger.sunsynth

Thank you!
SYBERIA

Re: Effects for the new SUNVOX 1.9.4

Post by SYBERIA »

My chorus variation. Actually, very unusual and I'm not sure if this is chorus, but I still called it chorus.
Attachments
SYBERIA CHORUS.sunsynth
(6.81 KiB) Downloaded 426 times
Keres

Keres Pitch Transposer

Post by Keres »

This is a simple 12 tone pitch transposer that lets you transpose the note stream input to whatever scale you would like. It is surely lacking many features, but hey... you can add them in if you like the way i constructed this. I have it set to a simple natural minor.
Attachments
Keres_PitchQuant.sunsynth
(63.04 KiB) Downloaded 418 times
Keres

Post by Keres »

Keres's Drum Room

This is more of a simple plate verb than anything else. I guess you could call it a chorus or something, but it is made to add accent to a flat sounding drum track. The sound input determines the delay times and you have some parameters that can tweek it out nice. Be careful with the feedback and EQ, because it will squeel on you. It uses about 3% on my CPU.

have fun!
Attachments
Keres_DrumRoom.sunsynth
(12.43 KiB) Downloaded 393 times
Keres

Post by Keres »

The CI Grain Delay is a blast to play with -=)
Keres

Keres PitchQuant2

Post by Keres »

Uh... The first version called all of the intervals "semitones" which is technically correct i guess... whatever. here is an improved version that you can use for some micro-tuning as well as binding your keys to a scale.

Have Fun!
Attachments
Keres_PitchQuant2.sunsynth
(24.67 KiB) Downloaded 360 times
Trackerbound

Post by Trackerbound »

some effects
(i am that guy who has made and posted a Grain Delay effect and other ones, they're included in this archive too)

UPD 7/7/18: I found out that stereo imager works incorrectly. Attaching a fixed version separately.
Attachments
TB stereo imager.sunsynth
(17.92 KiB) Downloaded 273 times
TB Effects.zip
(6.56 KiB) Downloaded 325 times
Last edited by Trackerbound on Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keres

Post by Keres »

Back in the day musicians had to use "effects processors" (these like... heavy 1&2U rack space modules with effects). Thing is that they used to come with something called a "Gated Reverb." Here is something like that effect.

Have fun!
Attachments
Keres_GateVerb.sunsynth
(21.29 KiB) Downloaded 373 times
queries

Post by queries »

DC signals from an amplifier can be quite useful. By default the offset has a range of -128 to +128 to represent -1.0 and +1.0

Here's a utility that makes use of the "Fine volume" and "Invert" controllers of Amplifier to offer a DC signal whose offset can be -32768 to +32768, essentially going from 8-bits-plus-1 resolution to 16-bits-plus-1.
Attachments
Queries Fine DC.sunsynth
(1.91 KiB) Downloaded 350 times
queries

Post by queries »

"DAT Delay", an embracing of SunVox's limitations while simultaneously striving to create something akin to a Tape Delay.

Has an LFO mode (set LFO on/off to 32768) that can be useful for reversing if you set it up just right (see attached project), and can also be used to make a pretty convincing vinyl spinback effect (still working on that example). The LFO sweeps over 0 to 4000 ms delay on L/R.

If you turn LFO off, you can control "L/R Delay" together for chained mode, or if you turn "manual L/R on/off" all the way to 32768 you can control "L Delay" and "R Delay" independently.

CPU usage depends on the S2C Hz setting, which sets the global sampling rate for the four sound2ctl modules that are inside this effect. Set it lower if you can (or if you like the sonic changes introduced by doing so!).

Attached project plays the Pixel Cave example song by NightRadio, alongside a DAT Delay that is quiet briefly, then plays the song hauntingly backwards.
Attachments
DAT Delay example.zip
(5.7 KiB) Downloaded 310 times
Queries DAT Delay.sunsynth
(24.4 KiB) Downloaded 368 times
queries

Post by queries »

This is more of a utility than an effect...

"Peak Detect" is a module designed to show you only the audio that goes above 1.0 or below -1.0 in its waveform.

Place a Peak Detect module next to any module you want to monitor for clipping, then connect that module to the Peak Detect module.

Normally, a Peak Detect module will be silent... but whenever it receives audio above 1.0 or below -1.0, those outlier samples are amplified × 6 and then passed through.

IT IS NOT MEANT TO BE LISTENED TO... hook it up to the Output module at your own risk! But some of you like to experiment, so go for it if you're prepared! :)

Also, keep in mind that it is usually OK for audio to peak as it passes through your mixing chain. This is because internally SunVox uses 32-bit floating point math, which can handle very large and very small values.

However, for most music you do NOT want peaks before you reach Output. (Harsh digital noise styles are an exception for example, heheh)

So Peak Detect could be very useful to monitor the very end of your audio chain, such as an Amplifier at the very end used to sum everything together. As long as you never see Peak Detect firing while monitoring that, you can then crank the SunVox master output to 100% without distortion.
Attachments
Queries Peak Detect.sunsynth
(10.03 KiB) Downloaded 346 times
leondustar

Post by leondustar »

Code: Select all

Archive:  leondustar.zip
  Length      Date    Time    Name
---------  ---------- -----   ----
     4885  2018-03-15 16:21   effects/LeonDuStar MasterBus (pluto).sunsynth
     3782  2018-03-15 16:20   effects/LeonDuStar MasterBus (venus).sunsynth
     5237  2018-03-15 17:18   effects/LeonDuStar NY-compressor.sunsynth
     3128  2018-03-15 16:26   effects/LeonDuStar widener.sunsynth
    17789  2018-03-15 16:53   instruments/keyboard/LeonDuStar rhodes.sunsynth
---------                     -------
    34821                     5 files
Some dancefloor-focused mastering- and widening-fx for mixdown purposes + a rhodes/wurlitzer-ish synth based on single-cycle waves + volume/filter envelopes.

Happy sunvoxing! :Yahoo!:

Leon Du Star
Attachments
leondustar.zip
(11.96 KiB) Downloaded 282 times
SYBERIA

Post by SYBERIA »

I made an effect while I was trying to make an agressive bassline. Sounds nice with NR's supersaw and echo2's witchsaw.
It adds some bitter flavor to the sound and it sounds old. So I called it Oldbitter.
Attachments
SYBERIA Oldbitter.sunsynth
(19.19 KiB) Downloaded 343 times
queries

Post by queries »

Here's a simple utility for inverting LFO signals or other envelope signals that use the 0-1.0 value range.
Attachments
Queries Invert LFO.sunsynth
(341 Bytes) Downloaded 297 times
Keres

Post by Keres »

There was a discussion about mastering with Sunvox. This is a simple Elliptical EQ (or my attempt at one). It separates the highs and lows at a specified frequency (300 Hz is a safe bet) and then sends the lows to mono. This is a necessary process for 2 reasons: First, it keeps the possibility of needle skips on vinyl to a minimum (and anyone who has paid 2000$ for a batch of records that pop the needle right off the groove will know what i mean). secondly, it can cure rumble problems with sub-woofers and certain "hifi" setups. If there is anyone out there that has a better way of doing this, i would love to see it. also- i assume no responsibility for anyone's mix or master. If you send it to press, better get a professional or really know what the hell you are doing!
Attachments
Keres_EllipticalEQ.sunsynth.zip
(1.61 KiB) Downloaded 256 times