Off-Key: Detuner

iaon

Off-Key: Detuner

Post by iaon » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:46 pm

Play any instrument from this module. Retune your twelve pitch classes across the octaves with ease. So there's a finetune slider for all the Cs, one for all the cs, one for all the Ds...

The sliders go up or down one semitone. For more the transpose controller on the MultiSynth with the relevant note name could be accessed inside the MetaModule, or added to the user defined controllers.

For scales with less than 12 tones tune two neighbouring keys to the same tone, or disable any key by setting the Velocity controller to zero on the MS with its name (or remove the link going into that MS).

A tuning change can be given with the note event in a pattern, so
E4 -- 01 0D00 3000
E4 -- 01 0D00 4000
plays an E 25 cents flat and then a regular E.

There are global tune and transpose controllers to shift the custom scale around in its entirety, and a random pitch to loosen it up. Any newfound or classic tunings for this could be shared as a short list of values.

This is made possible by the new MM Event output option and won't work on versions older than 1.9.3.
Attachments
Off-Key.sunsynth
(24.61 KiB) Downloaded 109 times

alitan

Re: Off-Key: Detuner

Post by alitan » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:26 pm

This is great. What if we have save/ load presets for MetaModule in the next version of SunVox. These presents can be saved within the sunvox file or sunvox synth file. That will be awesome @nightradio

cube48

Post by cube48 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:22 pm

It already is possible to save MetaModule as .sunsynth file which can be your 'preset'. You can then load multiple of them into your project and 'change presets' by selecting them. Or do I understand you incorrectly?

alitan

Post by alitan » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:34 am

Yes, i know. But it will be much more elegant to be able to switch the setting by selecting presets rather than loading another metamodule.
I think preset functionality is missing in general. It will be nice to have for all the devices. And being able to switch them through pattern parameter will be awesome.

cube48

Post by cube48 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:07 am

I fully agree that 'preset' feature for modules would be great. And they could be changed by MIDI Program Change on the channel set to the module. Save and load of the presets would make sense too.