PseudoStereo (Fake Stereo for Mono Samples)

rainydayshirts

PseudoStereo (Fake Stereo for Mono Samples)

Post by rainydayshirts »

Hey all!

I threw this MetaModule together to serve my own needs. Figured it might be useful to others, so I'm sharing it.
Primary use case is working with samples like the KI Archive XI samples. They are all MONO. Many of the instruments, like the strings and such, lack depth and dynamics. This module aims to fix that.

How it works:
Takes the input signal, routes it to 3 Amplifier Modules. 2 of the Modules are designated Left and Right. The other, Dry. Left gets panned totally left. Right gets panned totally right. Dry gets its volume reduced then sent to a Reverb Module. The Reverb is virtually imperceptible, but it adds just a tiny bit of width to the Dry signal. The Left/Right get sent to Echo Modules. Again, virtually imperceptible Echo here. The Echo adds a bit more character to the left and right signals. Then, everything gets routed into another Amplifier Module to control the Master Volume, then routed to a final DC Blocker to Output.

The 3 Controllers on the Metamodule itself are mostly self explanatory. DRY controls the DRY amplifier volume. WET controls the WET Amplifier volume. and MASTER VOLUME controls the Fine Volume in the OUT Amplifier.

This MetaModule is not fancy. It is not complicated. But, it does turn those Mono Samples into "Stereo" samples. It works with just about any other Module as well to add some width, depth, and dynamics. This will help with mixes sounding thin when using Mono samples.

If you like it, cool. If not, oh well. Feel free to do what you like with it. If I add to it or revise it, I will update this post. All files will have an rN designation in the name (r1, r2, r3, etc.).
Attachments
PseudoStereo r1.sunsynth.zip
(988 Bytes) Downloaded 315 times
Jesse R. Schilling | rainydayshirts

| Bandcamp | Deviantart | Patreon |