Will there be a Wavetable module?

Korg Supporter

Will there be a Wavetable module?

Post by Korg Supporter »

I love PPG-style wavetable synthesis. I want to know if there will be a module that does stuff like this. The closest thing to wavetable synthesis in Sunvox is the Spectravoice, which is additive. How do I simulate PPG-style synthesis with metamodules?
Sedulous

Re: Will there be a Wavetable module?

Post by Sedulous »

In the link, may be a current solution to what you are asking for:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4153.
SawZer

Post by SawZer »

If you only have two sound sources, you can crossfade between them (Example in attachments). If you have 3 or more you have to do some extra work with multictls (Example also in attachments). It would be nice to have a full 256 cycle wavetable with morph modes like serum.
Attachments
2sliceXfade_example.sunvox
(13.86 KiB) Downloaded 425 times
3sliceXfade_example.sunvox
(14.96 KiB) Downloaded 398 times
Elfferich

Post by Elfferich »

SawZer wrote:If you only have two sound sources, you can crossfade between them (Example in attachments). If you have 3 or more you have to do some extra work with multictls (Example also in attachments). It would be nice to have a full 256 cycle wavetable with morph modes like serum.
Wow, yea, that'd be awesome.
Edit: Nice idea btw of those crossfades with the x y curve of the multictl, didn't realize I could've done that in my previous crossfade experiments.
El Nino

Post by El Nino »

This command from another tracker which I think is now abandonware unfortunately, can do some awesome wavetable style stuff, what a great command!

LooP OFset: Shift both the loop start & loop end values aaaa digits

LPOF 0001 adds one to both values, LFOF FFFF removes one (so values > 0x800 moves the loop backward)
reset everytime you start a new note (same as volume, pitch)
LPOF is absolute
you can't trigger a note with the LPOF, it has to be executed after a sample is playing
every time you trigger a sample LPOF is set back to the instrument parameters

Achenar from renoise, gave a great video example of how it sounds...he hopes for this command in renoise as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnG6z6Fgoyk