HyperBass Pro; A Highly Customizable FM Synth!

SawZer

HyperBass Pro; A Highly Customizable FM Synth!

Post by SawZer »

Intro:
If you have Sunvox version 1.9.2, you already have the predecessor, HyperBass. This module has much more functionality, and is much more customizable as a result.

Background:
Ever since NighRadio release the version of Sunvox that added more modulation types (specifically Phase Modulation), I have been playing with this and have had some amazing results. Eventually I learned that Phase Modulation is essentially the same as Frequency Modulation, and my interest peaked. I learned more about FM and my love grew for it. This module only has 2 Operators, but if it had more I would have to seriously simplify its features. I used all 27 parameters available. Enjoy.

Audio Example: https://soundcloud.com/sawzer/example-h ... o-showcase
Example .SUNVOX file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnvKcPOPFng1htYTO0-mfOaDoMW2nw

Function:
~Envelopes: Individual ADSR envelopes for each operators, and AR envelope for both LFOs
~LFO: LFO for Modulator Operator, LFO for overall amplitude. You can draw both of them for much more complex modulation. Synced at 140 BPM (You can change this by loading in a new sample for the LFOs). Rate is in semitones (+12 is twice is fast, +7 for triplets)
~Unconventional functionality: In many FM synths you can choose from many waveforms, but in HyperBass Pro you can filter the Modulator Operator and add resonance! You can also choose between 3 modulation modes: Ringmod (Labeled as Amplitude), FM, and Absolute FM.
~Operator: Change Waveform, Duty Cycle, Pitch, and Freq2

Conclusion:
This metamodule is 100% free to use and modify. No credit is needed, but if you do use it in a song, I'd like a link so I can hear what cool things you do with it.
Attachments
HyperBassPro.zip
(29.13 KiB) Downloaded 793 times
El Nino

Re: HyperBass Pro; A Highly Customizable FM Synth!

Post by El Nino »

The hyperbass is awesome man! I will study it and probably get confused by it.
Elfferich

Post by Elfferich »

The ADSR feature is very useful. Great versatile synth.
cube48

Post by cube48 »

Discovering this quite late ... really neat synth! Thanks for sharing!
hseiken

Post by hseiken »

You had me at FM, you lovely lovely person. YOU HAD ME AT FM!
WARNINGThis angry old nerd may rant about modern computers or computer culture! It is not directed at you 99% of the time! Ignore it if it seems silly or personal!