SunGrid Sample Slicer

Sedulous

SunGrid Sample Slicer

Post by Sedulous »

Greetings Sunvox Community,

I am excited to share with you all the SunGrid Sample Slicer!

I incorporated the sample slicer idea that SolarLune posted into the drumpad design that I posted in case anyone wanted to use both ideas into one design. His design uses 16 keys, while this one uses only 12 keys. This design is really an upgrade of the SunGrid Drumpad design, so you can still use it that way if you want to!

Instructions:

The sample slicer can be used in a "free mode" by muting the small Sound2Ctl modules on the upper left corners of the "pads." What this does is allows each pad to be independently adjusted to the portion of a sample you desire. (Warning, If you unmute the Sound2Ctl module of the pad, it will reset the phase back to "0".) You can load your sample into the "[Sample]" module below the pads. You can then adjust the "Phase controller" of a pad (MetaModule), not to be mistaken with the module labled "Phase" (Amplifier); to any value that you want the pad to start playing from. Also mute the top Amplifier labled "DC Offset = Sample_Scale," as it is not needed for this specific mode.

The sample slicer can also be used in a "synced mode" by default. This mode is what SolorLune's design uses. All pads remain synced or scaled as you adjust the main scale amount. The Sound2Ctl modules in the upper left corners of each pad must be unmuted if they are muted, and the Amplifier named "DC Offset = Sample_Scale" must be unmuted if it is muted. You can load your sample into the "[Sample]" module below the pads. The "DC offset" control can be adjusted to any value you desire to scale the sample divisions across the pads. To divide the entire sample evenly across all 12 pads, you can set the DC offset value to -128 or to +128. Any value between that will divide the sample from the beginning to some part within the sample, but not to the end of it.

The Pitch Shifer is bypassed by default, but you can change that setting if you prefer to use it's effect.

Feel free to use, modify, leave feedback, and improve the design. :D

Here's a link to SolarLune's Solarsynth V2 post. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3707
Attachments
Sedulous SunGrid_Sample_Slicer.zip
(2.46 KiB) Downloaded 585 times
Littlewoodg

Re: SunGrid Sample Slicer

Post by Littlewoodg »

Man thanks so much this is amazing
hseiken

Re: SunGrid Sample Slicer

Post by hseiken »

I was wanting something like this earlier today...shouldve hit the forums first! :) Good work. Might make a few adjustments to it and plop them up here.
WARNINGThis angry old nerd may rant about modern computers or computer culture! It is not directed at you 99% of the time! Ignore it if it seems silly or personal!